Subliminal messages on ads?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by mxc019 • Oct 29, 2013.

?

Have you ever bought something that you didn't need but somehow you wanted it for no particular reas

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
  1. Dante848

Dante848New Member

Threads:
    Sure there probably are messages hidden in ads, but it isn't like people think. I don't believe they're literally hypnotizing you (maybe they are, who knows) but more just swaying you in their direction, then your bias plays into it, and then it ultimately goes into your final decision. You see a burger ad, okay you're already hungry but don't want to spend money (you could but don't want to), then they talk about how it's a deal, how big it is, show pictures of it, these things sway your mind into buying it, but even so, in the end its up to you whether you get up and go buy it or not. Just my two cents, could be incredibly wrong.

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think i've ever bought a product just because i saw it on tv and because the subliminal messages is working it's way to my head urging me to buy the product. Seeing the ads on tv does give me an idea of it's benefits but it still won't get me to buy the product just for the hell of it, I'd buy the product if i absolutely need it.

3. thapa022

thapa022New Member

Threads:
    I feel there are subliminal messages. As crazy as it sounds, but I always find myself buying a heineken because I see those advertisements so many times. Even though Henieken is not my favorite beer, heck I would love to try something else. But when I am at the alcohol store trying to buy beer, I invariably go for a Heineken, because somewhere in my head i feel its a safe choice.

4. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1New Member

Threads:
    I bought a whopper at Burger King because of the commercial. The burger was not as big as it should have been. I have theory that has some thought. Every since the economy hit, the fast food places have made burgers smaller in size. They charging us more money for less meat. Respond if you agree.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger and less cynical. I always got allured by commercial ads offers even if they didn't have any reason to bring the attention of a ten years old. Of course, ads I also fell into ads targeting a children audience, like that awful Pokémon cereal during early 2000s. Nowadays, subliminal messages hidden within ads campaigns are forbidden but still is used in a more subtle manner, like well hidden sexual related stuffs.

6. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There are numerous times I have bought items that I don't need to the extent that I might have lost count. I remember when I bought a feature phone in response to an advert that claimed that it has a battery life of 30 days only to find that it could only go for a week or less despite the fact that I am a heavy internet user.

7. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am one of those people who actively seek out trying to decipher messages like this, usually to no avail, but the effort is there which means yes, I do believe that sometimes there are some hidden messages. If nothing else, though, it at least makes me sure to read the fine print, which in itself is a form of subliminal advertising I would argue. Thanks for sharing.

8. iRoxas

iRoxasNew Member

Threads:
    Well when I saw the infomercials on TV I always wanted to buy the item even though I would never use it in my life, just because it was so good. Maybe I thought I would keep it for years and then use it when I'm an adult or something lol. My life was so boring back then too, since whenever I saw an infomercial pop up I thought to myself "ooo omg it's on yay" and I saw how it beat the other product by a landslide and that was my entertainment.