Subscriptions Boxes

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Peachdejour • May 6, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have subscribed to Graze Box and I was not happy with it. For $6.99 the serving sized of the snacks were small and not worth the money. I would like to try Birch Box at some point, but I have been reading a lot of mixed reviews on those too. I remember that my mom used to get some surprise beauty boxes when I was a kid and it seemed like they had a lot of fun stuff in them. I am going to have to see if I can find some of those.

2. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I'm still working on narrowing down which boxes I may want to try. After I get it narrowed down by type, I'll look and see which of each type I want to narrow it down to, lol. This has turned into a long, drawn out process for me haha. I really wish I could sample all the boxes! Maybe eventually, though

3. hosewalker

hosewalkerMember

Threads:
    I personally think subscription boxes are a bit ridiculous and unnecessary but I understand why they're popular. LootCrate seems to be a good subscription box if you're into nerdy stuff but its quite expensive, I think its around $20 a month (including delivery). Dollar Shave Club is probably the only one I would ever subscribe to though because its very cheap and extremely convenient. I would like to see a subscription box that provides you with a new pair of socks everyday, That would be quite expensive though.

4. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I've used the NerdBlock and the Japan crate before! With the NerdBlock you get a bunch of i gues, pop culture items, like shirts, figures and stickers. With the Japan crate, you get a bunch of really yummy japanese sweets delivered straight to your door! Their gummy sweets are the best!

5. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I've been thinking about what kind I would benefit the most from. I think I ant one with beauty supplies. Its the one thing I can't buy without feeling guilty. I don't know what the difference is, exactly, but I think this would feel guilt free.

6. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    I started doing NatureBox. I has actually been really awesome because I'm allergic to dyes and can't eat nitrates, so know that I am getting a box full of stuff I can eat every month is a huge relief. Label reading in grocery stores is exhausting and Whole foods is expensive. I have to say this is a good deal. I do have to watch because my little one likes to raid my box and disappear, but at least I know she isn't eating crap.

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Each of the boxes I have looked at makes me feel like it's more of a luxury than anything else. We have been on such a tight budget the past while that I have to make sacrifices each payday to have enough money to pay for what we need the most. I want to order some so bad, but there just aren't any I can afford to dedicate a certain amount of money to each month.

8. surlaw

surlawMember

Threads:
    They really are more luxuries than anything else. Subscription boxes, for the most part, and more filled with stuff to pamper yourself with than necessities. Some subscription boxes sell also sell the products in the boxes solo, and that can often be a cheaper way to get a taste of what you're missing out on. Another thing to look out for is 'first box free' or referral programs at subscription box sites. I remember Graze had a promotion where individuals could get a free box upon signing up, but were signed up to be charged again for the next box - I ordered the first box and cancelled my subscription after. (I referred some friends to Graze to make up for my mischief, haha.)

9. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Do you get anything for referring people? If so, I'll give you credit when I go do the same thing you did. I'm really poor so I'm quite familiar with being mischievous, lol Who knows, maybe I'll find out I really, really need it. It wouldn't be the first time :p

10. surlaw

surlawMember

Threads:
    Most subscription boxes have some kind of incentivized referral program, yes! Graze did before, but I've not used Graze in quite some time, so I'm not sure that they do anymore. It used to be a dollar off a box for each friend who ordered one (that you referred, of course). I'd have to check before I can say definitively that they still do, or that the incentives are the same.