Substituting Tools

Discussion in Product Reviews started by thatnewmommy • Aug 27, 2015.

1. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I was reading a post somewhere else where the person was asking about fondant tools and I recommended using regular clay tools (new and for that sole purpose of course). I use clay tools and when I went into my baker supply store I realized they sold them as fondant tools.

Thinking about that I realized I owned tools that were for one purpose and I ended up using them for another. Besides the clay/fondant tools, I also use my certain power tools to manipulate or texture wire and aluminum sheets. I use wooden skewers to poke hole and hold up clay items. And basically I use hot glue and paint for anything and everything. LOL

How about you?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like to think outside the box as well. There was a package of roof shingles someone was just giving away and I use them to cover the ground where there is no grass in my backyard so I don't have to walk in the mud after it rains. They made a nice looking walkway.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @thatnewmommy@thatnewmommy Ha, I saw that fondant conversation, too. That's a good idea, @MrsJones@MrsJones I always see things like that offered on Freecycle. I could probably use some ground clear and make a path from the driveway gate to my back porch and shed.

I sometimes use antique doilies and dishes in my product photos, and I recently couldn't get my sifter working fast enough for my liking, so I gave up and used a small hole colander to sift my flour instead. I think I'm going to use that in the future, because it was much easier and quicker.