Subway And The Missing Blt

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by SLTE • Sep 4, 2015.

1. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    A few weeks ago I ordered a BLT sub at Subway. I was talking to a friend at the time, so I wasn't paying enough attention to what the attendant was putting on my sub. I assumed with a BLT that you would get the B, the L, and T, without any questions asked. She didn't ask too many questions of me, though, which is odd of Subway - usually they want your input every step of the way - and when I opened my sandwich twenty minutes later, there was only cheese and bacon on a rather lonely looking bun. It was the saddest sub I've ever ordered.

My wife also received a drink from them once that was almost pure syrup. But that's another story.

Anyone else had any ordering issues with Subway? Usually they're fine, but every now and then...

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I had some bad experiences at a Subway near my workplace - the employees were so rude to me I actually sent a complaint to their corporate office over it, thinking they would do something about it, but all they did was email me and ask me to describe the employee and then never followed up with me on a response to the issue. Not even an "I'm sorry for your experience...", nothing.

This was years ago, when they were selling wraps, and I ordered one, and the employee put like 2 slices of meat on it and a few shreds of lettuce and didn't even ask me what else I wanted on it, and hurried up and wrapped it before I could stop her. It put me in a weird spot because I didn't want to make a scene about how little she put in it, but at the same time I was totally getting ripped off and not getting what I wanted to order.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm inclined to blame you for not paying attention, but, then again, it's reasonable to expect a BLT to include those three ingredients. I'm not sure what to make of this one. Yeah, every once in awhile you'll get a bad experience or bad sandwich at Subway. For the price, I won't complain about a bad visit once out of every two dozen or so visits. $6-7.00 for a decent-sized sandwich is enough to make me ignore those not so quality sandwiches you get every so often.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I O
    I once had the BLT sub at Subway and it was lousy. It didn't have much of anything. It didn't have enough bacon, tomato or mayo. Most of the Subway subs I like. That one I would never order again. It was not worth the money.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like I might be the only one who hasn’t had a bad Subway experience. Could just be because I’m cheap so I usually just order the Veggie Delite, either that or the one I usually go to just happens to be a good one. The most I can think of is that they ran out of olives once, which was disappointing because I love me some olives. But I can definitely see how some visits would be better than others, particularly if it happens to be a busy day. Sometimes service seems to suffer in that case.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As you admitted you weren't paying attention, but a BLT should have all the usual ingredients, however some people do like to skip an item and make their own variations. Subway is a franchise so standards will always vary.

Maybe you can learn to talk to a friend and then watch at the same time? Most people can do that and maybe it's a lesson for you to do that in future so you won't be disappointed with your sub. Pay attention and to be honest because it was made in front of you, you had the opportunity to say 'more of ...' and 'no..' but you chose not to and to talk to your friend, so if you don't give input (you don't need to wait for them to ask) it's not as if they made the sub behind your back. It was in front of you, so you need to accept responsibility for your poor sub and failing to do anything about it. Sorry it sounds harsh, but I think you have learned from this.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with Theo on this one, sorry! I mean, the assistant is not 100% blameless either, he/she could have insisted on asking you the usual questions on your preferences. They could very well have been "punishing" you for being inattentive! But as a rule, when I'm being served anywhere whether it's at a store or utility service place, they have my undivided attention; no talking on the phone or the friend I'm with. Besides it coming across as being rude, you can miss vital pieces of information, be short changed etc.
    I personally fell out of love with Subway ages ago. I loved it when it first started, but I think their standards have slipped tremendously.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some, if not all, Subway shops are franchises. As such, they are supposed to follow specific rules, because the corporation wants to maintain a certain standard, in order to keep the profits rolling in. If you have a problem and it is not addressed properly by the local franchise, you can follow up with the corporate office. A franchisee might order his/her staff to cut back on portions of meat, for instance, in order to increase his/her profits, but that would not be in line with the agreement s/he signed, because that could damage the reputation of the corporation.( Yes, I know, it's already been damaged by Jared, but that's a different story.) That may or may not be the case, but it's something to consider.

What I wonder is if the person making the sandwich even knows what the B L and T in BLT sandwich even stands for. I've encountered quite a few people these days who don't appear to be curious in the least, and would simply accept that the sandwich is called a BLT, without understanding that the acronym stands for bacon, lettuce and tomato.

9. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of Subway myself. I went a couple of times when they first opened near me but I didn't think it was worth the money. The main thing I dislike about Subway is the smell that seems to waft down the road. It's almost as bad as Lush!

10. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I've had some bad experiences a couple of times. There was one time when we ordered a sub from there and the people were really rude while making the sub. They put the wrong ingredients and when we took it back to have it corrected, they were making faces and talking very unprofessional to us. The second time we went they messed up the order once again and over charged us for items we didn't even receive when I tried to bring it to their attention, the lady ignored me and continued to talk to her co worker as if I wasn't even standing there. I ended up writing corporate about it and was told they would look into it. I never heard anything else back from them. I no longer go to that particular Subway anymore.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's interesting that you mentioned the smell, missbishi! I used to like that smell. But my when I went off it, I went right off it! I don't know why it winds me up so much, because it's not as if it's an unpleasant smell! Hehe I have to say I love the Lush smell, though :)

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never had a situation like that at Subway. In fact people do always ask me what I want every step of the way. And I would not imagine this happening to me, to be honest, because I watch them make my sandwich and always choose the veggies and sauces that go into it. Not picking those out at Subway would be weird.

13. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I've found subway varies hugely from place to place. For instance, in my experience, the subways in Ireland are filled with rude workers, poor ingredients and is just not worth the money. The food you get from them honestly looks like someone put day old ingredients into a sub and squeezed them together. On the other hand, the subways in the Netherlands are incredible. They've a much nicer variety of stuff to put in and everything doesn't look sad. Now, this could be just due to the food standards in the netherlands seemingly being much higher than Ireland. Even the McDonalds in the Netherlands was almost resturaunt standard, compared to the ones in Ireland.

14. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolnsMember

Threads:
    Minimum wage workers are always going to have bad days when working in stressful environments like food service. It gets frustrating always having your custom sandwiches messed up though. However, it is very easy to go into autopilot when a job does not use much brainpower. I have had it happen to me when using a cash register once or twice, and it feels bad to make those simple mistakes.

With Subway, there's usually not high volume enough to train employees fully. It generally ends up being one to three people on staff all the time, and it can get easier to screw up on small things like that. I've found Burger King is usually the least reliable restaurant when it comes to order preparedness, but assembly line sandwich shops like Subway can be stressful.