Sugar Addiction

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Achraf • Aug 30, 2017.

1. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    indeed @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit i really appreciate you're encouragement i will let you know for sure lol

2. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Addiction is not only bad for your health but also increases your expenses. If you are addicted to sugar, beaware, you might get diabetics. If you want to get away from sugar addiction use sugar replacements. Sugar replacements are sweet to taste but do not contain sugar. You can also use honey. Honey is sweet but not as harmful as sugar.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I would be happy to hear of your advances because I like to know that I am helping people. I like to feel useful and I think everyone should do it for others. ;)

4. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I guess one can go for sugar free. But here too I am not sure. I have heard that consuming sugar free regularly is not good for health. I don't know if it is true or not. If it is true then I wonder why? But if it is okay then one can use it and cut of sugar consumption with that. As sugar free almost taste kind of normal sugar.

5. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    My biggest weakness is Dr. Pepper. It's loaded with sugar. I used to drink 3-4 12 oz.cans daily. I was able to reduce the amount by one can each week. I currently drink 1 a day. Its tough. I have had to learn self discipline!

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think you can't control it. Remember if you eat too much sugar you seem to vomit. In that case, you refrain from eating more. I haven't known yet a person who's addicted to eating sugar until I read your post. It's the state of your mind of craving much sugar. Well, the other suggestion is to see an expert to cure your sugar addiction as you claimed it.

7. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    Some of my relatives on both sides have diabetes. So there is a high chance that I'll also get it if I don't do anything. Before, I need four teaspoons of sugar for a cup of coffee. That's the level of sweetness I was satisfied with. What I did was I started to reduce it little by little. I started with three teaspoons. It was difficult. But I conditioned myself not to expect that it will taste good. I did this for a couple of weeks until I noticed that three teaspoons now taste good. And so I reduced it to two teaspoons. Until I made it to one teaspoon. I also noticed that it also affected my taste in food. I started not liking cakes that are too sweet for me. I would complain about how sweet it is but my friends would disagree and say that it is just enough.

So bottomline is, your body will actually adjust to something it is repeatedly exposed to. I think motivation and perseverance are important factors. You should really want it and is willing to stick with whatever method you choose. :):):)

8. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    There are natural sugars that you can take. These sugars have no negative health impacts. Honey for example is a natural sugar. When you are having your sugar cravings, take one teaspoon of sugar.

9. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There is nothing better than strong willpower for getting rid of addiction whatsoever. If you auto suggest time and again to your own self against eating it especially while having a plate of sweet item in front of you. Eating sugar after a cerain level is harmful which leads to different problems including obesity and diabetes. WHO is seriously working for finding out ways for reducing sugar levels from various edible products.

10. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    @Achraf@Achraf Can you please explain why do you think that you have an addiction and what exact health problems a sugar intake causes you?
    Because if you don't have any problems while eating sugary food than I see no reason why do you think you should get rid of it.

#30Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
  11. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I would suggest trying to simply find and cheap and easy substitute for you addiction. Perhaps eat fruit or look into some vegan recipes for sweets, that way it won't do as much damage to your body. Also, perhaps you should just consider talking to a doctor of some kind about this addiction if it is truly that serious.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have always considered myself somewhat lucky as I do not have the biggest sweet tooth, but there are some things that get me. I used to think addiction was a stringent thing for certain items but this is possible and probably very unhealthy.

13. lucykey

lucykeyMember

Threads:
    Eating too much of it is dangerous for yourself now that you can get sugars from the foods u eat. Equally, if you are able to do a lot of exercises in order to get rid of excessive sugars.