Suggestion for FAQ / Help - Thanking and Liking

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by Mudd04 • Jul 15, 2012.

1. Mudd04

Mudd04New Member

Threads:
    I just recently joined and maybe it's just me but I am having a hard time figuring out how to 'like' or 'thank' a post or poster or finding any information on it. Is it because I am a new member? What is the difference between the liking and thanking functions? How do I go about using either of those? Am I just having one of those moments? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    It's really no purpose, I think you will receive points when you do so, but you're not required to thank or like posts. It just there for readers to thank you if your post was helpful.

3. Mudd04

Mudd04New Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the response. I got it all figured out. Another member kindly showed me a picture of where on the screen the buttons were. I had clicked there but as everything said 'hidden' I didn't really comprehend the little message. It turns out that they are not available to members for use until you have reached the 10th post. They are right under the posts but say something different until you post for that 10th time and they appear once you refresh. Value or no value I just like to say thanks. :D

4. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Having a FAQ section is a really good idea in my opinion. This is one of the largest forums I have ever taken part on and it is quite difficult to find things. I also struggled with the thanks/likes originally. This forum has cool award tables for things like most posts, every day visits etc.

5. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    I think an FAQ would be a really good addition. However, I think there is a small difference between liking and thanking. For example, if someone posts a thread called "Free Xbox Games", I'd use the thank button since I'm looking for that kind of thing. However, if someone posted one called "Discounted Beauty Products" I'd use the like button to show my appreciation since I personally didn't use the offer, but I like that the person posted it.