Suggestions On Where To Buy Hair Dryer And Curler?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by tangela • Jan 23, 2015.

1. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Hi there everyone,

I've been meaning to get a hair dryer for the longest time now (I usually just let my hair air dry since I have short/medium short hair), because when I go out with my fiancé and/or friends I'd like to give my hair a quick blow before heading out the door. I also want some curling irons too so I can start experimenting with hair styles and stuff on my down time.

Any suggestions as to where I can buy affordable, but reliable, hair dryer and curlers? I know some curling irons differ GREATLY depending on where you buy it and the price, so I'd love some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

2. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart has the cheapest prices for things like this, in my opinion. I have a travel set of curlers I bought at walmart for $12 at least 7 years ago. I use them everyday and they are still great. My hairdryer I also probably bought eons ago, and it still works fine.

In my opinion you really don't need to get anything expensive in this category unless you care for some special features. If you just want something basic the cheapest ones work just fine.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like Target for beauty supplies. I just bought a hair dryer a few weeks ago. I have no complaints. A few years ago I went to a beauty supply store and bought a very expensive flat iron. I really don't think it was worth it. I regret spending that money. I have seen flat irons at Target that can get the job done.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought my laat Revlon hair dryer at Target and my last Conair curler at Walgreens. They are simple and non expensive but work just fine. I bought both in 2012 and they are still fully functioning! I would look these up at this kind of store first. They have several options, are more affordable and honestly have the best customer service if you need to return anything.

5. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely check out Walmart for hair dryers and curling irons. I bought a Revlon dryer with three settings, a diffuser attachment, last year and it was only 9.99. It works great and you can't beat the price.

6. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    There isn't a Walmart near me (it's about a 45 minute drive to the nearest Walmart), but I'm definitely going to look online for some. Good to know Walmart has good quality hair dryer/curlers!

7. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Target! Thank goodness there's one near me :p And yeah I feel like sometimes "expensive" doesn't necessary mean "good", you know?

8. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdanaMember

Threads:
    I know they sell them in Target (though I would check Walmart because they might have them for cheaper), but I bought a BedHead Curling Wand that came with a heatproof glove and it is amazing! I believe I spent like $25 approximately on it, and it's been about two and a half years since I got it and it still works perfectly!
    I also bought a wet to dry straightener from WalMart for $20! It's perfect for days where I need to shower and go out pretty soon after because it basically dries and keeps my hair straight while not damaging my hair! Plus it was so cheap!