Summer Outing For The Family

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Alexandoy • Mar 26, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is our tradition to go to resorts for our family’s annual summer outing. We usually stay overnight in a resort with accommodation, be it swimming pool, beach or even a theme park resort. Expectedly, prices soar high for accommodations during summer that’s why we always make reservations by January of February before the heat of summer peaks in April which is right for our outing. And with the food, we are always careful to check on the food of the resorts, if we can bring drinks or cooked food, or if there are facilities for cooking. We prefer to bring cooked food though so we can enjoy the place (it’s not good to be cooking in the kitchen while the others are in the swimming pool).

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We are observing the same once summer begins for our children and grandchildren are taking their summer class vacation. We usually spend our time to the beach of our choice. However, my children are already grown up. They have their own family. We could no longer have this summer.

Since, family outing now becomes our tradition and we don't want to miss it, therefore we have it every new year. Our family tie is always alive and functioning as we are to believe that families could be together forever.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's the same here and even if we book well in advance it makes no difference since the business houses know that they are going to have a bumper rush during summers and it's increasing every year. You know with a population of 1.35 billion the businessmen know that they are never short of business so they least want to part with their prospective benefit. They take full advantage of shortage of rooms and staying facility despite the fact that the popular resorts and hill stations are turning into jungle of concrete due to construction of new hotels etc.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    It's always good to book in advance even though you are going to end up paying more for food and other recreational activities once you land at your destination.

It is much cheaper to look for less costlier huts and the like nearby your destination instead of booking a hotel room or a cottage within the premises.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have fun all you you and don't forget the sun block! Sounds like so much fun going with the whole family on a vacation. Guess half the fun is the family planning all the details of the summer vacation. Then shopping with the whole family for sales to save money, for all the things you'll need for your summer time fun in the sun. This summer we're staying home.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    This is one family tradition that my sibs and I want to continue doing as long as we can. In a few years' time, I doubt if our children would still prefer to go to the resort with us. This is one of the important occasions for the cousins to bond. We usually prefer overnight swimming at a hot spring resort, but this year, we've already booked an accommodation at a beach resort which also has a swimming pool for those who don't want to swim in sea water. It cost us $130 for a 24+-hour accommodation that includes 3 aircon room, 1 regular room, and a refrigerator, There is basically no limit to the number of guests so this comes off really cheap as there are about 28 people in the group.

7. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer to book a room in advance or if i have to go on some immediate plan of traveling then I prefer to book some online trip that have a booking for the visitors that makes me more comfortable.