Sunglasses All Year Around

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Feb 2, 2015.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use sunglasses all year round even during winter as the sun can get bright. I also use them when I nap on the train, plane or bus, which also helps avoid eye contact with strangers. As a girl with long hair I do use them to keep my hair back too, so they are never put away after summer.

I know celebrities use them to stay anonymous, so do you?

2. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    To stay anonymous? No. I couldn't get much more anonymous if I tried. I do use sunglasses year round, though, as I am often outside year round. The sun may not seem quite as bright in winter, but eyes need protecting all the same. Not only from the sun, but from the cold winds of winter.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear them every time the sun is out - even if it's a frosty December day. Otherwise, I find I'm constantly scrunching up my eyes to see properly. I heard this can make wrinkles worse so it's on with the shades.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never go anywhere without my shades, whether it's winter or summer. As long as the sun is out I pop them on. I always see people wading through the very bright sun without any protection and I couldn't do that. I often wonder if that's why many people start to lose that spark in their eyes? I know the ageing process won't help, but I think in relatively young people it's weird for them to have dull, almost lifeless eyes!

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never went out with shades, because I wear eyeglasses, so I wouldn't be able to see things clearly if I don't have them. Come to think of it, even with the sun shining brightly outside, I also don't carry an umbrella.

6. SweetMamaKaty

SweetMamaKatyActive Member

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses almost every day. I'm not a celebrity by any stretch, but my eyes are incredibly sensitive to light. I'm a little embarrassed sometimes when it's overcast and I'm the only one wearing sunglasses. No one else seems to mind, but for me it's still very bright. I've even worn them inside when sitting in front of a sunny window!

@sidney@sidney, have you ever tried Transitions lenses that darken when you're in bright light? You might like them!

7. PrettyBrainQueen

PrettyBrainQueenBanned

Threads:
    I use them all year round. In the summer tie obviously because it's sunny but we have pretty bright winter days here in Michigan. Plus when that sunlight bounces off of the snow it's super bright so not wearing sunglasses can be a safety hazard actually. So...all year round here!

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear them year round as well. I don't care about what season it is, but if it's sunny or not. I have no problem wearing sunglasses in Winter if it's sunny outside! Sunglasses were not made for Summer, but to protect your eyes against the sun, so whenever it's sunny and bothering your eyes sunglasses are good to go!

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney, have you ever tried Transitions lenses that darken when you're in bright light? You might like them![/QUOTE]

Nope, I haven't tried it yet, maybe I will one day. I just googled it now because it's the first time I heard about it! :)

10. Jesse Stern

Jesse SternNew Member

Threads:
    I to love wearing sunglasses as it help to be protected all the time...

11. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Although I think it could be said that I actually wear sunglasses all the time - I can't say that I've ever considered them to be something - to hide behind, avoid eye contact or to be anonymous - but more as a means of being able to see.

Meaning that - as I need to wear prescription glasses and not only can the problem of switching between different types of glasses be a real pain - especially as I live in a country where the sunlight is extremely intense almost year round - but more importantly - as the sun can severely damage your eyes - this is one area that I'm not prepared to skimp on - and therefore - have always - although somewhat costly - had my prescription glasses made with sun/light reactive lenses.

That said - even though many people do wear sunglasses for reasons other than the purpose they were originally intended for - its the wise thing to do - especially as it is now recommended - that everyone should be protecting their eyes with a good quality pair of sunglasses - that protect not just from UVA and UVB radiation - but also from the intense light and glare of the sun - every day of the year and not just during the summer months.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope, I haven't tried it yet, maybe I will one day. I just googled it now because it's the first time I heard about it! :)[/QUOTE]

My husband also wears specs, and can't just walk into a store and get any old shades because they need to be prescription glasses. He's got himself both a proper pair of shades as well as the transition ones. He love the transition ones because they save him having to switch between shades and specs. You'd love them, @sidney@sidney :)

13. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I usually have shades on when it is summer. That is if I can find them to begin with. I'm always losing my pair of sunglasses. Or someone decides they want to take my sunglasses without me knowing it and then I get upset if I don't know where the person even did with them. It does make since to wear shades in the winter if the sun is shining on the snow and blinding you.

14. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear sunglasses all year round. We don't have four seasons where I live. I have prescription sunglasses for driving. I use regular sunglasses for walking.

I tried those Transition sunglasses years ago. They don't get as dark as they show on TV. They just become slightly tinted. I prefer dark sunglasses as I don't want to squint and develop crow's feet around my eyes. Prevention is worth a pound of cure!

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can say that I do not wear sunglasses all year round. But if I did I would have a sterling collection, let me tell you. I wear glasses anyway, and I wear them all the time. So I cannot wear sunglasses, unless they are prescription sunglasses. I hate paying for the regular glasses that I have to wear, much less wasting money on sunglasses. On top of that, I live in the UK. There is no sun lol.