Super Simple Potato Salad

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Apr 9, 2015.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been following her cooking channel for a few years now, and recently made a batch of this after watching the video.

I opted to use just plain white vinegar and canola oil since I didn't have any fresh lemons, and I don't like the way olive oil thickens up when chilled in the fridge - it makes potato/pasta salads have a weird slimy mouth feel. I also reserved some and added tuna to it, as suggested in her video. The only other thing I would suggest would be to add the parsley just before you are about to serve it, because it will start to lose it's color and become a dingy grey-green otherwise.

I'm thinking this, with the tuna, and perhaps a few tomato wedges, would make a great option to bring to lunch, for an inexpensive home made lunch that doesn't even need to be heated up - just eat it straight from the fridge.

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    She should have just posted that on Kickstarter. I hear people LOVE to fund nonsensical potato salad recipes for some reason. In fact, I think I have a few recipes that might get me thousands of dollars for doing nothing...

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of Laura Vitale but that potato salad sure looks scrumptious I can gobble it up in an instant. Some of my favorite dishes happen to be potato dishes. Mashed, poached, fried, baked - all these variants I enjoy eating. Potato's rich in potassium and carbohydrates and it makes for a good rice substitute. I'd be happy to have potato salad as my breakfast. Laura should open up her own website or online show.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Potato salad can be eaten at any time of the day that you have a need to eat potato salad. I eat for breakfast as a snack with chips with dinner or just out of the bowl. I like potato salad.

5. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. It always bothered me that they are actually shelling out the money just so they can 'satirize' the whole process of kickstarters and 'prove a point' that it's bull shit. Apparently it isn't because the people you despise just made a lot of money off you, LOL.

Anyway, this is a perfectly decent potato salad. It's one of my go-to dishes anyway when I'm feeling annoyed with my diet and just want to cheat.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Wow. That looks really easy to prepare/make. I think I'll try this recipe soon. I've always loved potato dishes: French fries, mashed potato, sweet potato, potato chips, and of course, potato salad. I like putting a lot of cheese on top too. :)

7. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    I am sold on this recipe and will be making some as soon as I can get some potatoes. I like all kind of potato salads and this one is simple enough for me to do. Thanks for sharing.