Supercuts and other chain quick haircut shops?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by justusforus • Oct 26, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I went to Supercuts a few times when they first came to town. I have long hair and each time I walked out with an uneven and not satisfactory cut. Personally I think the lack of consistency as well as the proficiency of the stylists was not up to my liking. What do you think of Supercuts or any other you can recommend?

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I stopped going to Super Cuts when I started to pay for my own haircuts. I can see men or men with short hair using them. I, too, have had bad experiences with them. Although I was a child I still remember it and now their scissor logo haunts my dreams. Seriously, they are cheap for a reason. I am sure out there somewhere there is a great hairstylist who works at a Super Cuts but that person would be a needle in a haystack.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with you as my experience with chain hairdressers has been very disappointing as well. I used to go to the chain hairdressers often when I was a kid and in my teenage years but now I am an adult I avoid them as the cut is not satisfactory. I think many of the hairdressers lack the skill to do their job properly.

4. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    When I was a kid I used to want to go to Super Cuts but my pops was always giving me bowl cuts. lol. Spent $20 on some clippers and he went to town on my hair and my older brothers. Once we got older though, we starting cutting our own hair with the clippers and now the roles are reverse. I'm cutting my dads and uncles hair now but it's nice fades instead of bowl cuts. I have to keep the family looking fresh and clean. Super Cuts should be a last resort if you really need a cut and have no where else to go. I would recommend not cutting your hair at all if that's your only choice. Super Cuts don't do black hair very well either. Just saying.

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Part of what I pay for, when going to a salon for a haircut, is the entire salon experience. I want a full wash, cut, and style. I want to look good when I leave. I have never had my hair cut at a Supercuts or a Greatclips and I'd never consider it.

Don't get me wrong. I've had some really bad really expensive haircuts. But the experience in the chair has always been positive.