Superhero movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Strykstar • Jul 18, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you think there are too many superhero movies lately?
    It seems like in the past 5-6 years it's all about the superhero movies, Spider Man, Batman, Iron Man, Thor, etc. Doesn't it get a bit repetitive?
    I've seen a trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy that's going to come out and nobody I've talked to has heard of these heroes before, are they just taking every comic book and converting it to film?

2. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I think so honestly. I feel like every time we turn around there is another super hero movie. To be honest, I'm tired of it, then again I was never a huge hero fan anyway. But, it is a phase I think. Notice after a decade or so they burn out and then years pass and then they get popular again? It was like a year or two when nearly every movie that came out was a horror movie or a rom com. I think they go with what is popular at the time and just roll with it, many times overdoing it. I don't think they're doing every comic book, just the heroes that is most popular.

3. fivebyfive

fivebyfiveNew Member

Threads:
    Yes there are too many superhero movies lately. The problem is that once a few of them became successful people started to imitate them. So Marvel released X-Men and then a whole slew of other movies from other studios began to happen. Why people never figured out that things like these have built in audiences, I don't really know. However it shows no signs of stopping.

4. Forall

ForallMember

Threads:
    It's all really a matter of demand and supply :)

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I think as CGI and movie technology has gotten better, that these super hero movies can really come to life in recent years. And as a few others have already pointed out, there's a huge demand for them in the public. Without the demand, you wouldn't be seeing nearly as many movies.

They aren't the best movies, but they are always really entertaining to go watch. At the end, if I'm entertained with a movie, then I consider it a good movie and worth my time.

6. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Again, I could have sworn I posted in this thread, but nothing. Maybe my posts are disappearing or being deleted? We'll see I guess.

I wouldn't say that they're getting saturated, no. We're finally starting to branch out into different genres, whereas before they've all been very much action movies. With Ant-Man for example, we're getting a heist movie. Doctor Strange is going to give us supernatural/magic. Guardians of the Galaxy is going to be in space!

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The good thing [for the production companies] is that using characters who are already known to most people guarantees they'll make money from a movie no matter how bad it is. So for as long as people read comics and audiences throng into cinemas to watch such movies, they'll always make them.

I'll have to admit that some of them are good though. I found The Avengers to be somewhat entertaining.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes! I definitely think that they are too many superhero movies. I don't enjoy them either. They bore me to tears. Interestingly, I really do enjoy the hero show called Arrow. It's my new can't miss TV show.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, Hollywood is running out of ideas already, and the demand for such types of films is great, so I'm not surprised that we have a lot of them being released. Besides, some good films were product of good novels like the film "I Am Number Four" so I'm not surprised that the demand is great for these types of films.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree it is a matter of supply and demand. If people are paying to look at superhero movies it does not make sense to make a movie about a dog and expect it to be a hit. If the general public is looking at what ever the flavor of the day the movie industry is going to get into to make money. If you do not like the flavor of the day do not look at it.