Superman is Reborn

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Jun 13, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I waited in line to buy a ticket, I couldn't help but feel a ton of anticipation for this movie. To be honest, I was not excited the month before. But as I saw the movie goers waiting excitedly for their turn to buy a ticket, I couldn't help but get excited myself.

Once I got my ticket, I purchased popcorn (Texan bbq flavor) and a root beer float. I was good to go. Once inside the cinema, I impatiently waited for the lights to go off and the movie to start. Once the opening scene flashed, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. I did not get into the whole Krypton planet scene. But once the setting shifted to earth, that's when things got interesting. For me at least.

Well, to keep things short, we see some flashbacks of superman as a kid as he finds himself and his place on earth, we see him get his suit and accept who he is, and we see some outrageous action scenes between the man of steel and other supermen and women.

In the end, all I could say was this - Superman is reborn.

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, i agree with you, this movie was really good. It's good to see, in middle of all these bad superhero movies that some are worth watching. Even if you ain't a fan of Superman, i recommend the movie.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh good! I grew up with Superman.. I was infatuated with the first movies and Christopher Reeve, they were just awesome. I was hoping they'd do him justice this time because they seriously failed with the last movie. Superman deserves a great movie for the newer generations, I'm happy to hear this :)

4. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    I'm a die hard fan of super hero movies .. I'm in plan to catch up with the show this weekend due to my work commitments ..

5. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Man of Steel is awesome! I thought it's just going to be another Superman movie but it definitely exceeded my expectation. It's worth every dime I spent!

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Excellent! I'm so happy to see everyone enjoying it, I can't wait to see it :)

7. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised to be hearing so many positive things. I checked out the reviewer's opinions and most seem to be saying that it's a decent movie, but not particularly great.

8. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    I'm not sure I want to see this one; they say they've changed the character of Superman fairly drastically.

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, there are certain dumb things in the movie. Especially in the end where they don't even notice that he is Superman. But I found it more entertaining than Iron Man 3. Besides, if I would have to choose between After Earth and Man of Steel, then the latter is the clear winner. It's not the best superhero film ever made. It doesn't even reach the greatness of Thor. But if it is isolated, it's a great movie in it's own right.

10. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    got it well . there is no question of comparison here as the movie is of totally at par .. i don't like much the reviews and viewers opinion as it creates only rumors and illusions nothing else .... instead just wait to catch it up and decide on my own whether it was good or not..