Superstore

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mommy0906 • Jun 6, 2012.

1. mommy0906

mommy0906New Member

Threads:
    Well today I decided to get my shopping done while my kids were at school. I just didn't know that I should have worn rain boots to the store. When I got there, the store was flooded. The isle were covered in about 2 inches of water, and while there were signs saying caution, people were still complaining about the hassle of shopping at the store. Now I understand that it isn't the stores fault, they could not have know that this would happen, but seriously, they should have made sure that the main areas were cleared of water before opening the store. I thought that it was silly to have people holding onto the shelves for fear of falling, if they knew it was so bad, they should have closed the store for a few hours and had the problem taken care of. I will be seriously surprised if there isn't a lawsuit filed because of someone falling in the store. I think that this kind of thing has happened a few times already, and it doesn't look like they are taking the right steps to stop it from happening again. I personally won't be going there for a couple of days, and I don't think that the other people there today will either. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

2. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    Why would the store want to take on such a liability to have the place open when it is flooded? Most places would not have opened because of the liability to them from the lawsuits they would have if someone would have fallen! Terrible timing on the stores part it sounds like to me!

3. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Something tells me that either they have a management issue or they're rather desperately in the red to have opened the store while flooded. I wonder how long they'll keep open?

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    When I read this thread, I immediately though: poor management. You probably should report it to the headquarters. It is so bizarre what some people/systems catch on. That is a very serious oversight. No good can come from a store opening in such conditions. I am really surprised that this happened in the first place. Wow.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my gosh! No, I have never had anything like that happen to me. I don't think I would ever want to shop there again. I am surprised that they didn't close the store. That is just too risky for them to keep it open under those conditions. One injury would easliy lead to a lawsuit.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Even being desperately in the red shouldn't have made them open the store. Just think if somebody had slipped or if something had fallen on to somebody... they'd be even worse in the red.

7. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed. This is just crazy! Did it rain or something? What happened?
    And why did they decide to open with such a hazard?

8. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I've never encountered that. Most companies would not open if their floor was flooded. If something happens to someone they would be liable.