Surprised the Magic Bullet really works!

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by LaCookie • Jul 15, 2012.

1. LaCookie

LaCookieNew Member

Threads:
    So has anybody stayed up really late at night to watch those Magic Bullet commercials? I've seen them around as long as I remember and thought it was so simple, and so easy... but I never trusted it because it was a TV informercial!

And then my mom decided to impulse buy a Magic Bullet after our blender broke. And miraculously, it works! We make smoothies on it every morning now. I really don't want to sound like one of those cheesy testimonials from satisfied customers, but this one blew my expectations straight out of the water. Cannot believe this result.

Has anybody else had an experience similar to mine? And if you could send along my way some really cool blender recipes to try, that's be great! ;)

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I can believe that it works, I've just wondered about how long does it last. I've always been on the verge of buying one, but something always talks me out of doing it. They have a new version that is supposed to be able to draw out more of the nutrients in the fruit and vegetables that you use, but I haven't been able to see what the difference in the mechanics are.

I thought the Magic Bullets came with a recipe book?

3. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    They come with many parts and a recipe book usually. They do work, very well. If one of the parts gives out, you can go on eBay and just find that part for cheap without having to buy a brand new Magic Bullet. I don't really have any good recipes...I just use it for fruit smoothies and Weight Watchers smoothies YUM!

4. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    Now that's something you don't see everyday. An "as seen on TV" style product that actually does what it's meant to. I have to say that makes me hopeful and consider getting one of my own.

5. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    My friend from college had one of these. He said it was actually really good. His mom bought it for him of course. Originally he did make some smoothies with it, but for the most part, he used it to grind up his dried herbs.

You see, he went to culinary school. I met his brother at my university, thus I met him, and it was a really cool trick he showed me. Never buy dried herbs! Just get them fresh, dry it out, grind it, bottle it.

It is MUCH cheaper to do that rather than pay for them already dried.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a bit surprised that they work. I really don't trust the late night infomercials either. I think I've seen them on sale at Target and I still just walk right by it. Next, I will take a closer look. I would love to use it to make some quick smoothies.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Strangely, I've always wanted one of those. TV infomercials don't usually impress me (duh, right?) but that one I kind of feel like I want to try... It's encouraging to hear a real person review it.

8. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have not tried it before, but I was tempted to buy it a couple of times at the store! I have a working blender at the moment that I do not use too often, but I may replace it with the magic bullet as it looks like it would work better then my old blender :)
    Thank you for letting us know of your good experience!

9. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    To be honest, they do work, but they also probably cause cancer with the materials they use since it's probably made in China.

:D

10. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    What doesn't cause cancer. Your on a computer aren't you that was made in china.:rolleyes:

I literally just used mine two minutes ago. I throw milk, frozen yogurt and every fruit I can find in the house in a blender and squash it. I also make my own tomato paste or sauce by mashing cherry tomatoes and anything else I can find that is related.

That is beauty of them.

11. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    BarelyHangingOn, or anyone that has one, how hard is it to clean if you don't have a dishwasher as I no longer do. I still have a blender that I forgot I brought with me, but I don't feel like cleaning that whole thing. However, I would just pout some dishwashing liquid and some water and let it run to clean it and then take it apart to dry. Would the Magic Bullet be that easy to clean or would I need to take even more apart?

12. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I had a magic bullet and found it helpful with sauces, pastes, smoothies and simple things of that nature but when it came to anything with Ice - it was a disaster. Eventually the motor stopped working, it just burtn out. Now we have a Ninja Kitchen - much better!

13. alid1

alid1New Member

Threads:
    I have had mine for 7 years. It still works great. I use it to make salsa mainly. I like it, because it is quick and easy to use. The cleanup is very simple too. It is great, because you can store the salsa right in the cup. This was a wedding gift to me, and it is the only wedding gift I still use. I agree don't use ice in it, or you will smell a burning smell.

14. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    What is the price range on these Magic Bullets..... I also wonder why are most of the As Seen On Tv products always called "Magic" insert name here. lol I saw the commercial as well, but thought it was gonna be another crappy product. I may just check this one out.

15. CinnamonBear

CinnamonBearNew Member

Threads:
    We tried a Magic Bullet and it worked for about three days. Then, the motor completely crashed. Luckily, I had purchased it at a local retail store so was able to physically return it without having to deal with shipping.

Oddly enough, a few months later I read reviews saying that the Magic Bullet had been improved, because there were a lot of returns due to motors crashing. The new-and-improved product has gotten some good reviews, and I must admit that I'm tempted to try it again!

16. cassien

cassienNew Member

Threads:
    I used to stay up so late to watch those Magic Bullet commercials! They would always be on before I went to bed, and I would try to fall asleep watching them... unfortunately, they were so interesting, that it never really worked to put me asleep! Instead, I ordered one. I was a little worried about whether or not it would work, or if it would break within the first month, but--- they are fantastic!

I love the fact that it comes with a little recipe book! It's so cool to look through and see all the neat things you can make with your bullet! I bought the one that comes with the inter-changable coloured lids so that you can keep track of whose cup is whose (I think they may all come with that feature). It's a great way to make different drinks at parties and keep track of them! I usually use mine to make health smoothies, or milkshakes.

The only complaint I would have about it is the small engine. Because its such a small appliance, I find if I hold it down for too long it will start to smell like it is overworking itself. In that case, I give it a rest for about a minute and just get back to blending! Once, I may have burned the engine out a little, and it stopped working all together! I was concerned I had broken it, but when I came back to attempt to blend again about 5 minutes later, it was working again! It's quite the durable little machine. As long as you make sure not to hold it down and blend for too long, it really does an amazing job!

I love the magic bullet!

17. benn08

benn08Member

Threads:
    Haha the magic bullet, I've seen that commercial multiple times on TV. Surprised to know that it actually works, as it looks too good to be true as with most of the other commercials. Glad to know it's worked out for you!

18. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    I love the magic bullet. You would think something so small would not be as powerful. However for a small thing, that thing sure does outdo many blenders combined. I love the magic bullet alot better than my old blender.

19. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I've actually heard nothing but great things about this product. I believe it's quite expensive, though, right? I'll have to look into to this more when our financial situation improves.

20. bsherman46

bsherman46New Member

Threads:
    I purchased my Magic Bullet blender at least 10 years ago and it's still going strong. As long as you put small pieces of ice and fruit in, it works very efficiently. It makes a great easy-to-fix smoothie. Also, the cleanup is simple and fast. This kitchen appliance has served me well. I can't believe it's a Buy On TV item.