Surprises

Discussion in Pets started by Diane Lane • Dec 2, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have 3 cats and feed strays as well, so I buy a lot of cat litter and especially cat food. I recently purchased some items online and when the cat treats arrived, a .75c coupon was attached to the cat treats package. I always look over the cat products in the store that have coupons attached, because it saves me the trouble of having to search for online coupons prior to shopping, or carrying coupons with me.

I have purchased cat litter in the past and when I've opened up the bucket, I've discovered a can of cat food. I love finding treats like that. Although it may not cost the manufacturer much, it makes me happy, which means I will look favorably on that brand in the future.

Have you received surprises when purchasing pet products? Does it make you feel warm and fuzzy about the brand?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I always like these kind of surprises like you mentioned it makes the brand more favorable. I do tend to go for product that give extras or sample products this way I try something new for free and if I like it a will purchase more of them. I am always happy to receive freebies.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This may be a segue but directly related to pets. Our experience with a pet clinic is like receiving a surprise. After paying the bill for a checkup, the vet gave our dog a treat - beef jerky. It was so nice of the vet that we have been going to that vet clinic ever since just because of that surprise gesture. Until now that vet still attends to our dogs and the treat always follows afterwards. And sometimes the vet doesn't charge us for trimming the nails or for checking the mouth. Truly, some extra can go a long way with the customer.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think retailers and service providers realize that the way to our hearts is through our fur children. For years, companies have been attracting customers through their children. Think of the Saturday cartoons and the numerous ads that kids watch, that draw them in and avail the companies of the money in the parents' wallets, restaurants that advertise that children eat free, etc. I think companies are now learning that some of us will go the extra mile for our pets, and that we appreciate a little bonus for our efforts. Yes, @kamai@kamai, I definitely agree that if I'm given a free sample, I'll look more favorably on the product, especially if the cats enjoy it or it's good for them.

@Alexandoy@Alexandoy One thing that irks me about some places is that they seem to focus on dogs and dog owners, to the exclusion of cats and cat owners. I think both should receive attention. I know it's easier for someone to put a leash on a dog and take it with them to Petsmart, but I've seen stores and also veterinarian offices offer dog treats, but no cat treats, which I think is wrong. Just because my cats aren't with me doesn't mean they don't deserve treats, and it would surely make me look more favorably upon the establishment. That's aimed particularly at the Vet offices, since the cat or cats is/are with me. I'd love to get a free nail trim, especially for my difficult kitty. It sounds as if you have a great vet :).

5. Natasha0717

Natasha0717Active Member

Threads:
    @Diane Lane@Diane Lane Yes! I remember opening a bag of dry cat food (I think it was Fancy Feast?) and as I was opening it, I noticed the bag was a little bulkier and heavier than usual. I wasn't sure what the heck might have been in there....in fact, I was almost afraid to find out. :eek::D But it turned out to be a free can of wet cat food, like a free sample. At first I thought it was some kind of mistake, like maybe somehow it accidentally got thrown in the bag while processing, but then I saw that it had a label on it that said something like "your free gift" or "try me!" or something like that. And my cats loved it. :)

#5Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2016
  6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well that is a nice little treat to find. I am not sure that I have ever had anything like that with anything that I have purchased. But I agree with you, that would definitely make me want to keep buying that brand.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know how you feel for SwansonVitamins.com does the same and offers $100 worth of wine, I don't drink wine, but it's so nice a gesture. I like these kinds of surprises. It's like walking into a store to find what you needed on sale at an in-store mark down! I love it when I save money or get a freebie. Those coupons sound so nice to get too especially for a product you buy.