Survey Company I Am Leery About.

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Deeishere • Sep 10, 2016.

1. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    Are there any survey companies that you no longer work with? I had to add Harris Poll on my list of no longer completing surveys for them. I have been with this company for many years and never had a problem until now. One day I went online to cash out my points and I could not log in. When I contacted the company they told me to request a password and I did. I did not receive one. After several attempts, they soon told me that I was "unsubscribed." I was unsubscribed for no reason because I didn't do this and I told them that. They told me that I have to re-subscribe and start over. I was concern about my points. I tried to re-subscribe without any success. I kept getting an error message. I wrote the company back again. By the way, if you try to call them they may not return your calls. I called them several times with no response. So finally the person told me that I have to re-apply with a totally different e-mail account. Strange, but I did use a totally new e-mail. Now they will be able to transform my points. I find it interesting that they are able to retrieve my old points with my old e-mail, but they can't allow me to have my old e-mail for surveys. After doing some research, I discovered that other people had their account mysteriously "unsubscribed."

2. GreenPersimmon

GreenPersimmonMember

Threads:
    I'm sorry to hear about your trouble with Harris Poll. I had a similar problem with FushionCash Survey surveys though people swear that they've been paid on it. I finally made the minimum after the second month on it and requested payout. Because they couldn't track my phone number because I have a prepaid phone, my phone was invalid to use. I was told to fax in my id to them to get paid and I still wasn't paid. Three months went by and my money evaporated without a email back from the site. The whole thing made me very leery of survey sites.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest I have little faith in many survey sites because the small print always says they can reject your responses if they are deemed fraudulent or seem rushed and inconsistent. These days marketing companies look for reasons not to pay out, so I don't waste too much time on them.

I certainly wouldn't chase them as most would ignore you as they are too busy doing other things such as doing reports. I used to work in a marketing company and it was all about the results they wanted to show the client.

4. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry this has happened to you too. Don't give up. There are a lot of really good survey companies. Two of my favorite are Global market and Mysurvey.com. There are several others but when I had a problem the company will answer their phone and will help to resolve issues. I had a problem with Global market (really was my fault) I had a check from them that bounced. The lady from the company worked with me but seen realize that it had to be an error from my bank. Well turns out that I held on to the check too long and it expired but the bank did honor it. What I like is the company listened to me and cared. There are companies that do value our work.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I find few survey companies to be worth the time. I really like Pinecone Research, Prolific Academy and a few others, but honestly Dee, some of the ones you mentioned, I no longer take surveys with, although I used to at one time. It just takes a long time to reach payout..and it gets very frustrating to be disqualified from surveys with no compensation.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @

.....I'm so sorry to hear about your ordeal with Harris Poll survey site. It's not one I've even heard of, but if I'm being honest, I hate survey sites with a passion. If it's not one thing, it's the other. If I were you, I'd cut my losses and move on from this sorry excuse for a site. If they can do it once, they'll do it again. The only survey site I'm sticking with is YouGov, which in my opinion is much more than a survey site. Not only that, it's a well known and highly esteemed site.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like the YouGov surveys, too ! We have been doing those for a while now. It takes a while to get enough to cash out with the Amazon card, plus then they mail it to you instead of an online instant one; but it is still worth while. I like that you never spend timeon a survey and then get rejected, which is what happens with so many of the survey companies. I still do use several other ones, though, since that is how I earn my spending money online.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, Happyflowerlady; YouGov is the only one I do at the moment. I also do Prolific Academic, which focuses more on studies than surveys as we know them. The only problem with the latter is that there's hardly ever any to do :( Also, I've noticed YouGov surveys seem to have got longer! They used to be so short, which was part of the appeal for me. But even still, it remains my favourite :)

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Generally speaking, I see surveys as a waste of time. The only ones that might get a return on investment are those things McDonalds asks people to fill out after a visit. In that case, you can earn a free hamburger or something.

Anyhow, you might ask, "Why do I say that?". Well, for one thing, if your living outside the developing world, the low wages of survey companies are usually not worth the time.

10. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    Most of the survey sites I have joined I end up not using really as their earning opportunities are either really low or they do not pay out at all. I have only come across two surveys site, both of which I am using right now and earning a decent amount of. One is great and I am close to get my third reward. The other is a teen survey site and I have made around £14 from it so far. They have also invited me to a focus group for which they will give me £40.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I am planning to give up working at Opinion Poll because they have stopped paying in cash but certain online shopping sites which are known for too costly items in my country. They have also increased the length of survey time and reduced fee for the same.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    At the moment I have narrowed down the number of survey sites I work on. I am now on Yougov and Prolific Academy. I don't really have liking for surveys any more due to unpalatable experience with some I worked with before. I was with The Panel Station and Voices Africa. So embarrassing to get an email to take a survey only to get to the site and be told it's either completed or this survey is not for you.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For me Panel Station, Toluna, Opinion poll, YouGov, PollBuzzer and many more are working perfectly. I am earning in the range of $5-8/day on regular basis. Actually it is all about how you update your profile regularly. Try it and see the change.

14. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Personally while I've been able to make a small amount of money from survey sites in the past, they do tend to be hit and miss a lot of the time and one will pay then just stop for no reason. The best thing to do I've found is sign up to as many as you can and try and do as many surveys as you get offered and then at least that way you can build up your points over a long term basis so you'll be able to cash out from all the different sites in a rota.

You might not be able to cash out every week from the same site, but you'll find that after a while you'll be able to cash out from different ones alternately.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In my case keeping your profile up to date brings better result. I generally miss the surveys when the quota is full because I am living in a country with a different timezone. The difference is almost 10-11 hours. Most of the surveys come in my mailbox during night time.

16. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of survey sites are open to most countries, but as you say, if they only have a certain number of people that they need, if you are living in a totally different timezone you are going to miss out because by the time you have read the email the survey quota as been filled, so maybe that is something they should maybe look at in the future.

As for keeping your profile upto date, I found that sometimes with the amount of profile details they are asking for, it can at first be quite time consuming and I have to admit that the amount of survey invitations I receive doesn't necessarily increase either, so while a full profile looks better for you and for them, I wouldn't spend too much time filling every question out all at once, and maybe just do a few every time you log in instead.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Survey sites like Pollbuzzer (The best in its category) needs you to update your profile before every survey. I don't mind doing that because their pay rate is in between $1.50-2.50 which is considered better considered to other survey sites. If you do not complete your profile every time which has only 10 questions your chances of qualifying for next survey is almost nil.

18. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have recently started trying one survey site because My daughter in law, who workd at Walmart, has a regular custoer who frequently comes in with $100 Walmart cards from the site. I haven't made it up to a payout yet, but am close. They also payout to paypal, which seems better to me. I understand that they first send you a pin number through the mail (for your first payout) I have seen reviews for the site online, and one person had problems with the pin, but when they sent him a second pin# he had no problems. The one problem I have is that I have had problems with this laptop shutting down unexpectedly when I am almost through with a survey. Google also warns about some of the surveys. It says that they may try to get me to sign up for something.

19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish you good luck with survey sites. I am almost addicted to them and have as many as 11 regular survey sites with at least one payment from each of them in cash and gift cards according to their payment policy. I am sure you can get many more survey sites living in a privileged country and better pay rates.