Surveys.....love em?.....hate em?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by irishways • May 18, 2014.

1. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    I personally don't like to take surveys. I rather get paid to write posts, especially if I can write about Jesus Christ!

I would list some but I would rather you just email me at [email protected]. I can shoot you a few cool places to make some extra money at.

God bless, He provides more than anything or anyone, he made you! LIONZFIRE

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I'm probably the odd man out here but I am a big fan and advocate of survey sites. I am one of those annoying people because I really have made 100s of dollars in just about 3 months time. The key is to not put all your eggs in one basket. I am on several survey sites. Some I check on daily and some I only go to when I get an email invite from them. Either way, I can cash out on several sites throughout the week and it really adds up over time. I've been able to pay for a lot of meals out and items we've needed but just couldn't afford.

The thing to realize about surveys is that they are not for everyone. Some people just don't enjoy them and some people can never manage to qualify. If surveys are not for you then by all means, stop wasting you time. Nothing drives me crazier than constantly reading, "well, I waste all these hours and never qualify!" Okay, then obviously surveys are not the way you are going to make extra money. You'll do yourself a favor if you stop now and try to find alternative methods.

I'm sure I have a lot of luck because I'm fortunate to have a young son. Companies are always looking for parents to test out new products and bounce ideas off of. I really enjoy giving my opinion and especially trying out the products. Its very cool to see a product on the shelf and think, "yeah, I knew about that months ago!" Unfortunately, not everyone will be the right demographic and that's okay. There are plenty of other ways to earn money online. Surveys aren't the only thing out there!

All this being said, my favorite survey sites are Global Test Market and SurveySpot. GTM has high paying surveys with awesome rewards. SurveySpot has a pretty low threshold and after the first redemption, they pay within seconds!

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you don't mind answering the same questions over and over, then it's probably worth it. I have tried a few but got bored really quickly. Also I got the feeling that they ask for a lot of personal information which I am not willing to give. Of course, I could be making it all up, but I don't feel like doing that, as it takes even more time and energy to think about it. So, no, surveys are not for me.

4. thymeless

thymelessNew Member

Threads:
    I've used some sites that rewarded you for completing surveys, but they seemed shady because they wanted so much information from me which they would've ultimately sold it to 3rd parties. Don't fall for them, even if they claim to be paying. It's not worth yourr time.

5. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    "Claim to be paying"? It is not a "claim" if they are a legitimate company that really does pay. As I said in my previous comment, I am with several survey companies that pay me often and I have had no issues. Unless a person lives under a rock and stays away from all websites (including forums, ahem), their email addresses are probably going to get out. Its just the age and time we live in. Surveys ask for your information because they want to make sure you are the target group for the product they want you to test or review. If you are a male, then they aren't going to want you for a study over feminine care products. Yes, you will be disqualified after giving personal information. This does NOT mean that said company turned around and sold your information. I have never had my information compromised from a survey company. If they have sold my email addresses, then those emails are going straight to spam and I never see them.

No offense meant to you, thymeless, but it is comments like yours that give survey companies such a bad reputation. If I had listened to all the comments like yours when I was looking for ways to make extra money, I never would have signed up with the companies that I did and made the money I did...and am still making on a weekly basis. Surveys aren't for everyone, trust me, I realize this. However, in the midst of all the negative comments about them, I try to be one of the few who stands behind them as an option for extra income.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only survey that I participate in nowadays are the ones that give me airtime credits for my phone, because their questions are easy to answer and not really time consuming, plus the amount is substantial enough for the time spent in doing it, so I stay active in that site. I'm from Asia, and survey sites that pay well if there is any, are not interested in my demographic since they prefer US, UK, Canadian, etc. residents.

7. junebug

junebugNew Member

Threads:
    I loved doing Pinecone when I did it many years ago. I was in grad school at the time and it was nice to get a $5 check every week or so - paid for meals or entertainment. I think I got busy with grad school and forgot to complete one of the surveys and so I got kicked out. I've tried to resign up, but haven't been able to. Wish I'd been able to stay active with them. I get suckered in to other survey sites, but nothing has ever worked out for me. Like others have said, I never seem to qualify. I don't think I've yet to get paid or get a reward from any site I've joined!

8. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I've found that I only like doing easy surveys on mturk. I've tried other survey sites and they were either too long or there weren't enough. Mturk doesn't always have enough either. For actually doing surveys, they're my favorite type of online work. They're pretty calming because they tend to be for some sort of research and you have to imagine being in a different scenario. I should definitely try to find other survey sites though, cause what I'm doing now isn't much.

9. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I hate surveys. They are too personal. Also, they take too long. So, I avoid them like the plague.

Plus, I found out a long time ago that surveyors in malls and other public places often sell your information. They don't just use it to figure out who's buying a product or sick with an illness.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree doing extra work like this adds up in the long run and helps a lot with a few of the extra expenses in life. I don't have many surveys available to me though, unfortunately, as they only come very rarely I just choose not to take part anymore and instead I just use my time looking for other similar opportunities.

11. wvboarder

wvboarderMember

Threads:
    No I think they are a waste of time and I have heard of many people being ripped off by them so beware. As long as they are paying you go with it but there are far too many here in the US that claim they will pay and never do for it to be something I would personally be interested in participating in.

12. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    I love Pinecone Research. The surveys don't come in often but in a month I've made 9 dollars and only spent a little over an hour of my time. I also like Your Word pretty good. Even if you don't qualify for surveys (which I don't most of the time) you still get paid 10 cents to try. Also trying doesn't take a whole lot of your time like some survey sites I'm used to (SWAGBUCKS). All in all some are definitely legit and nice ways to earn a little extra cash but I honestly don't think you could make a living off of them. If you have/can I applaud you and your patience lol.

13. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    If the surveys are interesting, then everyone will like taking them up. Also, the surveys should be short otherwise people get bored of filling them and close the survey.

14. sharpayvargas1

sharpayvargas1Member

Threads:
    I used to believe that I could earn money from taking surveys in different websites. Then, I ended up just doing the Paid-to click that only gives me a few cents in the sites. They don't really give me surveys to answer and you're right that they get real annoying when they already asked for some set of questions but later on tells you that you don't qualify for the said survey. Maybe in America, there are a lot of surveys you can answer that you can qualify at the same time. But here in my country, in the popular and tested survey site, I only receive more or less 2 surveys only per week that I don't even get to qualify. So, it depends on the country really, I guess.

15. Frendminge

FrendmingeNew Member

Threads:
    I have tried many survey websites, but none of them are working for me. My job work requires me to stay online most of the time. So thought i could earn extra few bucks. I don't see that happening.

16. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    The only survey site I like was Pinecone, but sadly, I did not have internet for quite some time and when I got it back, my account had been cancelled, I have never been able to get back into them. SO disappointed, they really paid well, and they prequalified you for the survey before sending you an invite. All other survey sites I rarely qualify for the survey. I have spent hours and hours trying to get into surveys only to come up completely empty handed after wasting so much of my day. Not worth it at all.

17. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    Surveys are worth it only when the pay is good. I've tried dozens of survey sites. Unfortunately, my overall experience is negative. Most of them pay too low in relation to the amount of time I spend on them. I got scammed once or twice. The trick here is to find the survey sites that have been around for a long time. Most survey sites close down within months so trying out new ones is definitely a huge risk. It's now much easier to identify scammy survey sites these days. All you have to do is do a quick Google search. People love bashing sites that have scammed them so if a survey site is a scam, the search results will likely expose them as such.

18. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I love the idea of them but I too struggle to get on the survey list because I'm not in the US and get grouped in with the "international' banner. Unfortunately, some of the international surveys default to local country languages. I live in Hong Kong but don't read Chinese so that pretty much ruins my chances in many cases. It can be pretty annoying really, but I have to appreciate that the nature of the data the survey companies want to source is based on a specific demographics.

19. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I used to do surveys for money and then I stopped because I found them to be a waste of time. Why would I spend all my time working surveys like crazy to make .02 when I can go somewhere else, spend 10 minutes working and make a dollar or 2.

There are some that are worth it I guess. I actually got a $20.00 gift card once for doing a survey. However, I prefer not to work them.

20. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Pollbuzzer.com is a waste of time and although it was legit a few months ago all they will do is circle you around for 20 minutes and you will not qualify for anything. This was a survey company that guaranteed $1 a day survey. Those times are long gone. Just a heads up.

On the other hand ipsos.com is a very good site. They pay you either with gift cards or paypal cash (although this can take up to 2 weeks to credit). You qualify for surveys though. Just be prepared to put some time and effort and do not do anything half ass. They will catch on . If you do things accordingly you will be compensated with some nice cash or gift cards though and my qualification rate there is about 35-40% which is not bad at all.

#40Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014