Surveys.....love em?.....hate em?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by irishways • May 18, 2014.

1. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really fond of surveys. I think they're a waste of time to be honest and the money you get out of it, i feel like it's not worth the effort. I also don't have the patience to answer those surveys that seems to take forever. I really don't have much experience with online job, but the one i do now, I'm happy with it so far and it's definitely not answering surveys. :p

2. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    Since I'm from Luxembourg there aren't any real survey sites that I can use. I would love to do more surveys but mostly every site is restricted to US, UK or Canada only :/ Anyone knows a good survey site that can be used all over Europe?

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What online job do you do? I'd love to hear more about it.

I feel like many (if not most) surveys are scams. They take a bunch of your personal info then conveniently screen you out, so they don't have to pay you, AFTER they've collected your info. They sell your info, spam you, but few actually pay you. I think they should have to delete all of your info if they screen you out.

4. stephy2014

stephy2014New Member

Threads:
    I love survey sites. I also doing survey for past 1 years.

#44Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I gave it a shot but I found that they were just too long. There are probably other sites out there where you can do half the work and still make a decent amount. I do love the random surveys they do on the street by where I live. The give free $5 gift cards to places like Tim Hortons or Starbucks!

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    HATE THEM! I'm not even going to sugarcoat it. When I first started doing online work, I signed up to about 10, thinking I'd soon be raking it in in. In the end, they were a total waste of time for me. I stuck it out for a while, before I closed down all the accounts and moved on. I very rarely qualified for any. I sometimes got emails claiming I'd qualified, but I'd still get disqualified. I understand it has a lot to do with where you are, so I guess I'm too far removed from their target audiences. So I don't bother with them anymore. i was never able to cash out for any of them.

7. samanthafox

samanthafoxNew Member

Threads:
    Paid Surveys are an easy way to earn few quick bucks but the time consuming useless ones give me a headache :confused:

8. Allyson Stewart

Allyson StewartNew Member

Threads:
    For me it doesn't worth lost precious time. So muchlost time for just a little money...

9. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the survey. I do enjoy taking them every now and then but sometimes they get boring and really don't seem to be going in any certain direction. I am not a fan of the ones where you have to watch commercials and then answer questions about them. I have tried the ones you get paid for but I have never found them to be worth the time. Some of the surveys are so long and ask so many repetitive questions. They are good to do when you have nothing else to do.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been doing surveys on swagbuck's recently and find that they are not that bad. I recently gave a gift card to my daughter for her birthday that I earned doing survey's. I think I will start to earn a few more points to put towards christmas shopping.

11. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like surveys. I have tried doing them online but I find it so hard to finish one. They are so long and boring. I don't mind doing short ones but I don't do too many. It is just not my thing.

12. Sunshine703

Sunshine703Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy doing them only every once in awhile because they take ages to complete. Especially long ones because I get extremely bored halfway through and then I start randomly clicking through just to finish it. It's always satisfying though when you do get the points but so many surveys kick you out before that so I normally just take the 5 points for clicking in and leave. It's not worth it to click for 20 minutes just to get kicked out with the same amount of points. But I have gotten paid many times for doing surveys and it's always satisfying.

13. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Surveys are an OK way for making cash but the frustrating part is qualifying. Also like 45 minutes of your life to make two dollars is kind of a sketchy way to make money. I still do a few surveys here and there but by and large, I don't find surveys worthwhile. I would rather spend time doing something that I know will make me money or participating in community forums with Amazon or cash rewards.

14. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't mind them as long as they aren't too long and I actually qualify for it. I am on a website for extra cash that has a lot of surveys to take. They can be very time consuming though. A lot of times you don't quality for them too. But I've taken some pretty neat ones like watching movie previews that haven't come out yet, or watching potential commercials. It's definitely nice to be rewarded for taking a survey though.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It seems no matter where you live survey taking is slow money. Try slicethepie.com, where you can earn money critiquing songs by new artists. Good luck! I don't mind survey taking it's just sometimes it can get redundant!

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only survey site that works for me is YouGov. The surveys are short and can be done in as little as 2 minutes. You never get kicked out, everybody qualifies because they really value everyone's opinion on so many different aspects of UK life. The surveys are also very interesting. The site itself has so much information collected in one place, which is how I actually started doing the surveys. Long before I started doing the surveys, I had an account and would log on to look up information or read up on current affairs in the UK. I love the site :)

17. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I love and hate them. Love them when I qualify and make the money but hate them when I don't. I don't use too many sites but the few that I do I have cashed out a few times. I don't really do the ones that take up much time. I don't mind ones that take 10-20 min and I usually get about $.75 for each one. Once in a while, I will qualify for one that pays more but it all adds up and I can usually build up enough to cash out once or twice a month. So that is nice. I like to get the cash through Paypal but I don't mind if it is gift card because it is still free money and will help buy something I need.

18. Kenya Swan

Kenya SwanMember

Threads:
    I think surveys are a good way to make some extra money, but I get frustrated with them sometimes. Some surveys take way to long to complete. I also hate starting a survey, and then midway through the survey I find out I don't meet the qualifications. Before I do a survey I want to see how long it should take me to complete it, and if I am still rewarded something if I am disqualified.

19. AmberS

AmberSNew Member

Threads:
    I tend to work on surveys when my work-flow runs low, or I just need a break. I have made a good amount of money just this year so far, and it's only half way over. :)

20. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a two survey sites that I think are really good Pinecone Research and, Prolific Academy. They both pay promptly, and Pinecone is a consistent payer for me. LIvewire has some good surveys, and I do some Esearch surveys too. It really depends on what I am offered. Most survey sites...just want to waste your time, or pay so little it is a joke.