Surveys.....love em?.....hate em?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by irishways • May 18, 2014.

1. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    I got a bitter experience from surveys. Therefore I hate them, very discriminatory and time sinkers. They want us to act like their cheap guinea pigs for their marketing campaigns. Also too many intrusive questions in regard of personal matters. I avoid them like the plague.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only survey site I'm currently on is YouGov. The surveys are very short and quick, not to mention very interesting. Nobody gets screened out either. There's usually not many surveys to take, but lately I've been getting 2 a week. I like that even though it takes forever for the money to add up, when you do cash out and receive £50, it's well worth it.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I should check that site lushlala goes I think I was on it once and gave up on it. As long as the surveys are short and you can't get screened out...it might be fine. I just hate taking a lot of time answering questions to get screened out. Also, most of the rewards really aren't worth bothering with..

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't love or hate them, but they work well for me. If you don't take them so seriously, or expect a living wage from them.. they really can add a nice chunk to whatever else you're doing. They do seem to favour families though. I see a lot of people complaining about how long they take or how long they take to pay out, or redundant questions etc etc, but seriously.. there are people on this planet who work dreadful, painful hours for the same or less.. and all you're doing is clicking. Minutes a day..

I spend some time every morning doing them when I'd be doing nothing else anyway.. with my coffee and breakfast. Individually, they don't look like much, but they work together to bring me in quite a bit. Click, click.. yawn.. clickclickclick, sip chew click. You can't get any lazier than that.. and paid for it? No complaints here.

5. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Only the paid ones. I used to take part in them back in the day. However, they don't come very often. Sometimes I get dropped during the survey and it gets me angry. Really angry.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would really urge you to give it a shot, @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon! I'm very happy with it and I know everyone who's a member there loves it. The surveys are very varied and informative, too. Often you'll also see how other people have responded, when you submit your answer. A lot of it is around current affairs and politics. They may not be many, but I like that most of the surveys are shorter than 15 minutes, and there's no such thing as not qualifying for any one survey :)

7. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    When I started out making money online, I took a lot of surveys. Some of them are quite fun, though the money isn't great, obviously. I try to take surveys that don't take a lot of time and that are at least somewhat enjoyable like music surveys. I like posting on forums better, but surveys aren't too bad if you find the right ones.

8. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    That's wonderful! I'm happy that you are finding some surveys and qualifying for them. I can't seem to qualify, period. Perhaps you can give me some advice. They kick me out over and over and over. So I find it very frustrating and a pure waste of time to even try anymore. Every now and then I think, I'll just try one... Boot!! Out I go. Over and over. Is there a trick to qualifying for surveys?

9. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    Neither, I attempt a couple a day and some places my profile is in the demand and other sites where I can't seem to catch a break. There is a subtle touch required to consistently be accepted, and I'm fine with doing a few before I get selected. The thing that really grinds my gears however is when you've obviously qualified and then they drop you right at the end, and then offer another survey like someones doing you a favor.

10. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    For me, it's worth doing surveys. I have been doing surveys since 1997. They are time-consuming but if I would working a 9 to 5 job, that would also take a lot of time. As a result of completing surveys, I have received several new products and made a nice amount of money on special projects. Plus I just enjoy doing them. Some people are disappointed because they are not making a lot of money quickly. In order to be successful, it takes hard work and patience.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We don't have paid surveys being offered in our country or at least none that are too enticing but I have heard of a few local ones that pay a good enough amount although I've never been that fond of the payment methods they offer so I never participated. What I do like answering though are surveys from products and services that I like. Sometimes a favorite mobile game of mine or a restaurant I frequent will give out surveys and I happily oblige in answering because I like knowing that the things I enjoy will get more chances of moving forward and staying alive because of suggestions and feedback I put in as well as all other customers that they have.

12. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I think that I am like most people in that I have a love hate relationship and opinion of them. Sometimes they are so easy and they pay well, and others, like we all know, take you all the way through and then at the last slide say that you do not qualify, and it is very frustrating. I think it just takes time to find out which ones are more likely to actually pan out and start to recognize those, otherwise it is just a guessing game. The Amazon survey site does have more professional and academic surveys are a little more reliable, though, so those are a nice alternative.

13. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I hate when that happens to me too. I don't understand why a company would make you take the questionnaire all the way to the end, and then say you are not a right fit. Fortunately, I don't get many of those. I plan to make a special note on the companies that do that and just cancelled that account. I also don't like survey companies that make you need a large sum in order to get a payout. I have that I have to reach $50 but I have been with this company for quite awhile. I plan to reach my limit then cancel. There are other companies where the money comes in so quickly.

14. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I thoroughly dislike surveys. Being rather young and only having a high school education so far, I find that a lot of times there aren't many surveys I even qualify for. The ones I am allowed to participate in are normally irrelevant and I have no interest in! I think I'd probably give them more credit if companies paid better for them. The past few times I've tried to use websites or apps that offer money for surveys, there were only a few surveys posted each day, the surveys wouldn't load or they would glitch and exit out (erasing all my hard work), and they only ever pay a few cents for half an hours worth of survey-taking. Although I love to earn some extra cash every now and then, I just don't feel that they're worth my time.

Do you think it's worth it to take surveys for the amount of money you earn?