Surveys Or Scams?

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by Zyni • Mar 7, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:

Yes, loop11 has the exact same website layout as Quest Mindshare, and a few others. I mean, the colors and logo are different. But the way that the login, and profile criteria information works is exactly the same system. They all redirect to other surveys after you don't qualify for the one that you were invited to too.

I am glad that I was accepted by Pinecone. They are legitimate, and pay £3 a survey. I just really wish that they had more available at a higher frequency.

I have moved on from the days of pennies. The websites that I am signed up to have the ability to make me a lot of money monthly, combined. The best thing to do if you want to make money online is to have your finger in just enough pies that pay well enough to cover when work is scarce elsewhere.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got another survey email from them today and classified it as spam, so I shouldn't be receiving more. If enough people do that, the company (Yahoo mail, in this case) will consider them a spammer, and it could affect their results in searches, or at least it should. I'm glad you've found a few that work for you. I've never gotten in with Pinecone, but I'm totally turned off from surveys right now, except Toluna and Tellwut, so I'm going to focus on other endeavors, and hopefully will make enough with them so I don't have to take a chance with other iffy companies like the ones we've been discussing here.

3. DreekLass

Threads:

Lol!! You're trying to get them black listed. I completed a loop11 survey today and was paid immediately after. I have only ever had one issue with them, and they gave me some of the money from the failed survey that I completed. I make it a point to stay away from those websites that do not pay me in cash. Gift cards and other types of rewards are great, but I'd rather spend what I earn how I want to spend it, rather than having to spend a voucher/gift card at a certain store. That's why I have stayed away from Toluna. Unfortunately, there are a few sites that seem good, but are only open to US users :(

4. Diane Lane

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass I just don't trust them based on their lack of response ;). Since you've had success, maybe I'll give them another shot, and see what happens, though.

I don't use any sites that reward in giftcards other than Toluna and Tellwut (neither of which I've cashed out from yet), because I figured there are some things I need that I could get from Amazon and the other reward sites available, and that would free up my cash for other things.

I've heard good things about both Toluna and Tellwut here and elsewhere on the forums, so I trust them. Hopefully, one of these days, I'll have enough points on both sites to be able to knock out a few small purchases.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    I just hope that Loop11 pay me once I have reached that £8 cashout minimum. If they don't, I shall be negatively reviewing them on every review website that I can find. Back to MySurvey, I was supposed to receive my £10 Paypal with them yesterday, and had a sneaky feeling that I would not be paid. So I emailed them. To my surprise they actually responded, but they told me that I would have to wait another 3-4 business days for the money to arrive because their system is currently back up -_-

I am livid because if I had not email them about it, they would not have contacted me to tell me that they would not be paying me. I have two other payments with them waiting, and I have a feeling that it is going to be a battle getting the money that I have earned fairly out of them, especially with them not responding to emails all that often. Once I have been paid, I'm DONE with them. I just don't need the stress of having to chase companies up for money that I have already earned. Their communication with customers is some of the absolute worst ever!!! They don't even have a phone number that you can call either, so if they don't want to respond to you, you are basically screwed.

6. Diane Lane

Threads:
    @DreekLass@DreekLass, Ok, that's it. I'm sending the next survey email from mysurveys to spam. I'm irritated enough with them from reading your posts that I'm not even going to bother dealing with them. It irritates me that they make good money off of our information on our profiles, let alone the additional work we put in, then make us chase them, as if they're the ice cream truck. We've worked for those few cents, and deserve them. If they're not going to pay out promptly, and without additional work, I'm not going to waste my time. I hope you get the $$ from them and Loop11. I'm done with both of them.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never come across a survey site that denied participants before, but now that you mention it I guess it is only natural that scammers use this method to get information. For the most part, the scam survey sites that I've been seeing are ones that ask for your money first before they start sending you surveys. It's why it's really best to research the name of the site and company just as you would any product you are going to buy into.

8. DreekLass

Threads:

Thank you. I will let everyone in this thread - along with the rest of the internet - know if these two websites do not pay out. Rest assured on that lmao!! :) I am using MySurvey UK though. The US one might be different, or more reliable. I was recently accepted by Pinecone. Maybe their signups are open at this time, and you may be selected to become one of their panelists ;) More survey companies need to operate like Pinecone does. It is the perfect survey website. Only thing they could do differently is have more surveys to complete.

9. Diane Lane

Threads:
    It could be that they're different, but it seems they have the same parent company, since they use the same name, so that makes me suspicious. Plus, I'm pretty sure I've done a few surveys for them in the past and never qualified, or was re-directed to other studies, endlessly. That's often what happens.

I just contacted Pinecone to say I'm interested in becoming a member, so we'll see what happens. I have heard good things about them for years, and know they're legitimate, so it would be great to add them to my repertoire of sites I use to make money online. I enjoy sharing my opinions, as long as I'm fairly compensated, so hopefully I'll hear back, and be accepted.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are many survey sites on the net whose sole purpose is to collect emails and maybe some other personal information and sell them to internet marketers. Taking a look around, you'll find on some forums offers of people selling email lists to anyone who wishes to buy. So probably you'll start getting spam mail from thousands of people you've never heard of. When something appears too good to be true . . . it probably isn't. There are only a few legit survey sites and those who know them rarely talk about them.

11. IrishHeather

IrishHeatherMember

Threads:
    I agree with what many of the posters are saying here, only due surveys with a reputable company that has a proven track record of paying their survey takers. Do your research on the site before you make them one dime of income!

It has been my experience that the majority of the survey sites are just information capture sites, that collect your contact info and personal details then turn around and sell them as generated lead lists for soliciting companies.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    Good luck Diane Lane. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't accept. From my understanding, they are a UK based company, so if you don't get accepted, then it may b because you are not based within the UK. I am not sure. Good luck anyway ;)

I saw one survey website yesterday called Liquid surveys. It claimed to pay up to £120 a survey, and obviously anybody with a brain would know that it is a scam right off the bat. MindsPay seems to be a bit of a scam too, only allowing you to cashout once you have reached $50, but it only pays out in intervals of fifty.

13. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't call them a scam as such, because if you stick with it you'll probably make some money. But they get far more out of it than you do - you put a lot of time into it to get very little in return, while they are able to sell on all of your details to someone that buys up lists to sell their products. They certainly are not the most efficient way of earning money. I tend to steer clear of most in the main.

14. DreekLass

Threads:
    Well, after emailing MySurvey UK again today, they finally sent me my first £10 Paypal, along with my second order of £3 Paypal. I am now just waiting for the £5 Paypal that I ordered from them. That is due to arrive around the 15th of this month, but I don't think I will receive it unless I hound them for it just as I had to for the previous £13. It is a shame that they are so unreliable. Their FB page is rife with customers complaining, and not one response from support. No point emailing them either, because responses are scarce and fleeting.

15. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    I agree with you. Its all a big scam, because I had to learn the hard way when I signed up with Swagbucks. At first I was qualifying for a lot of surveys, and then it changed. They collect all your information just to tell you not a good match. Then you have to watch an increase in your inbox with junk mail. Personally I stop doing them. I also don't like the survey sites that want you to download an app to monitor your internet surfing habits. Things are too dangerous in the world now, and your have to be careful. JMO

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I first started working online, I signed up with a lot of allegedly "legitimate" survey sites. I persevered with them, but I just wasn't getting anywhere. The weird thing is, I'd get all these emails claiming to have matched me up with surveys, I'd start taking these surveys, only to be screened out and disqualified. So I came to the conclusion that I was probably just outside of their target audience, threw the towel in and scrapped all of them but YouGov.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    It is refreshing to hear someone telling the truth about Swagbucks - well at least as true as my own experiences were in any event. A lot of websites rate swagbucks' surveys highly, and that just wasn't the experience that I had with them. They were some of the biggest con artists that I'd ever come across.