Surveys.....love em?.....hate em?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by irishways • May 18, 2014.

1. irishways

irishwaysNew Member

Threads:
    I live in Ireland, so there is not too many surveys that send regular enough to make any real money. I've signed up to around 15 globally, 3 of which are Irish based. I make around 10 Euros a week between those 3, but I'm not getting anything from abroad. So is it worth it?

For me yes.

It takes me around 3 hours per week, but that's 3 hours I would just be surfing anyway. 10 euro a week adds up over the year and is more than enough to buy all the Birthday and Christmas prezzies for my family. So I do see it as a bonus.

How about you. Are you finding it worth it?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's okay for earning extra money. Some of them you do are easy/fun but you certainly can't make a steady income off of it. Sometimes it gets annoying because they'll take you through a long survey and then tell you you're not qualified. Most of the time you get nothing for attempting. Also most survey sites just give you points for gift cards and not cash.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like the surveys because they take to long and then tell you that you do not qualify. They keep asking the same questions over and over and make it hard for you to quit the survey.

4. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I would be so happy to be able to earn 10 Euros a week from a survey but the problem is I've never been able to earn any at all in the past. Like you, I don't get any chance for International surveys and that was really annoying.

Most of the surveys I was invited to fill said I didn't qualify after going through the question to the middle. I quit and I never tried signing up to any anymore :(

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I'm really not a fan. It seems to me like every time I try to do a survey, I end up having to answer a bunch of questions but then never qualify for the survey. Even if I do, it seems like a waste of time because it takes forever to do them and you only make a few cents or so. I think there are better ways to make money online, but I might not have found the right survey site just yet.

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan either. They waste my time. I did just now however, based upon a recommendation, sub to to Opinion Outpost. They were recommended for actually paying. I gotta say tho, same ole same ole. I don't qualify for anything, I'm not sick, I don't have such and such disease, etc, I'm not the right race or age, or whatever, the mail from them is piling up like there are tons of survey's but I have gone thru 3 of them not qualifying. I may unsub soon.

I did however for several years do the PineCone Research. They were great. Limited amount, for sure, but a 5 dollar check would come in the mail for a one time survey. This time around, I tried again, since I had a new computer and had not heard from them, etc, and again, nothing.

7. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean, Ruth. I definitely always feel like it's a waste of time. I never did try PineCone Research, though; at least, I don't think I did. It might be worth checking out; overall, though, I'm really not a fan.

8. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I joined a few of these sites a few years ago and left after a few months. For starters, they take too long to earn real money. To earn you need to go through the initial screening which is a survey itself. If you're not in their target, you get booted so the time spent is wasted. Besides this, surveys are too few and far between. For a demographic such as mine, I only got one every two weeks. My conclusion is that it's not worth the time for me at least.

9. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    OpinionOutpost.ca (or.com) they have two websites - is my favourite survey site. They are legit and are worth it. To start out you make 50 cents to $1 per survey but that will increase shortly. You need 100 points ($10) minimum in order to withdraw through paypal or their additional services. Overall I give them a 9/10

Make sure you fill out your profile to be sure you're getting the maximum amount of surveys possible.

10. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    When doing surveys online for money comes into play- It has never been worth it to me. They pay too little for me to show any sort of interest. I always find myself lying and trying to speed through the process, only to get ten cents 15-20 minutes later. I dislike it.

11. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    If it has to do with earning extra money, then I don't mind it at all and I would love to do them all the time! :D But, if it has to do with those people who call around dinner time and ask us dozens of questions for really no reason, then no, I wouldn't love those. I actually haven't been able to do any surveys for money though, having extra money is really nice because yes, it all adds up nicely :)

12. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind surveys because I am really only doing them to make some extra money for stuff that is so beyond necessary but I like. I take the surveys throughout the day to break up work and make about $25/week. Most of them don't pay well and I am booted out of a good deal of them after putting in a bit of time, but for extra spending money it doesn't annoy me, if I was trying to support myself off of surveys (I really don't even know if that is possible) I would probably find them more tedious than I do.

13. sanders89

sanders89New Member

Threads:
    So far I think that the surveys are a real pain, I haven't ever made any real money from them, and I feel like I have wasted like a ton of time on trying to do them. Anyways I stay away from them now, but if anyone is having a lot of success when surveys, I would be open to hearing what site you are using. Thank you!

14. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Surveys are evidence slavery still exits. Haha

Its true, the amount paid is far too low. But they need to make money too. I still think they could pay more and still profit nicely. People are greedy and I guess that is something the rest of us need to be ok with. Truth be told, Im just as greedy.

15. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    This. This so much. Ha ha ha!

I couldn't have said it better myself. I have slaved away on surveys for hours with little to no pay in the end. It just isn't worth it to me.

16. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I love them and hate them in equal measure.

I love them because they are easy to complete and are quite interesting and I rarely get bored filling them in.

I hate them because of the times I have got to the last question and then they inform me I don't fall into the group they are looking for, like they couldn't tell me that 30 minutes ago when I started the survey!!

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    True, not just survey sites but all task sites. It's disgusting that at one point ChaCha was paying its contractors 1/2 cent per question answered. All these companies think that people who work from home should be punished by being paid peanuts.

18. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I really like the surveys on swagbucks. They are a quick and easy way to earn lots of swagbucks. Although they can get extremely boring and stupid sometimes, in my opinion, they are the most efficient and fastest way to earn swagbucks. The one problem that I, and many others have is that sometimes it is very hard to qualify for the surveys. You might spend a few minutes filling out information and answering questions only to find out that you have been disqualified from the survey which sucks. But overall, i don't mind giving my opinions for a few extra bucks.

19. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I know. While I do understand that they are the ones who own the business so they don't technically have to pay a certain amount but that doesn't mean they should. Also they do actually get less work that way. Even though few of these sites pay well, people that do these sites probably spread their work out to make it a better amount. If you want them to do more work at your company then you better start paying them better.

20. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    I think they are worth it. It is nice to earn extra money, all while keeping in mind that I won't be making a career out of survey taking! I have found some sites seem to pay out better than others and some I have given up on entirely. I prefer the sites that pay out with paypal over sites that pay out in other ways(gift cards). I also love it when I get chosen to trial a product and then give my opinion about the product. If anything, surveys are usually a good boredom buster.