Swag Bucks

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by Sarah C. • Apr 14, 2012.

1. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I have used it in the past, but I only ever seemed to get bucks from searching. Since I used searching in my job at the time, I thought it would be great. But it's the worst search engine ever. Yuck. And, like someone else posted, my earnings dropped dramatically after the first month or so. I did get some amazon cards, though.

2. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    This is not much better than GPT websites.

It is basically money for doing little things. But just like the GPT sites, Swag Bucks becomes very tedious. If you're in it just to make online money, you have much better options out there.

3. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    I like using Swag Bucks. I use the search engine to gain points. Like many people posting here, I redeem my points for Amazon gift cards. I have not had any trouble with them and they seem to be fair. At first, I wondered how good their search engine would be, but it is great. I do not spend the time looking for swag codes, watching their videos or taking their surveys. These are all things that can be done to earn more points.

4. Sarah C.

Sarah C.New Member

Threads:
    I have not encountered any problem with their search engine. Maybe they have worked out the bugs! I put maybe a total of 2 hours of time into it and have cashed out with $30 in Amazon gift cards. I think that speaks for itself!

5. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I used to use Swag Bucks several years ago. I actually forgot about this site. I have gotten a few gift cards by using this site. It is an awesome site. I would recommend it if you aren't already signed up for it. It is easy to use and a great way to make a little bit of extra money.

6. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    How in the world did you get $25 in 3 weeks?!? I used to use this site for my searching but it got annoying because it always felt like they capped the amount of winnings you could get on each day. I didn't think it was possible to get that much money in so little time. Is that just from searching or did you use other methods on the site to get a lot of swagbucks?

7. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    Are you kidding me? When I first made my account, I was getting $5 each day for a few days until school started again for me. I use Swagbucks as one of my primary ways of making money online, and I get paid about $1-$3 a day by doing a combination of searching (always get points on my first try now), a few special offers here and there, but most of all, watching the videos.

8. GOKuCommander

GOKuCommanderBanned

Threads:
    I have been banned several times because I earned too much within a week.

9. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I too used to use Swag Bucks, but got banned from the site after one day sitting on the site for literally the whole day, about 12 hours straight non-stop, and earnt about $12 in that time. They banned me right after that happened, apparently for fraudulent activity. Never to this day knew the real reason, probably just because I was earning too much money.

10. miriliese

mirilieseNew Member

Threads:
    I agree that they ban people with no real reason sometimes. I got banned once when I completed a Netflix offer that I was going to get anyways. Because it gave me so much points all of a sudden, I got banned because they thought I was using a bot or hacking into their website to get all the swagbucks. But for the time I was on there, it was great, as I have gotten many Paypal checks mainly through watching videos and searching on the web. It is a really good tool for some extra pocket money if you don't expect to cash out quickly and don't mind waiting a little. Overall, it is a great site, but be careful of the high paying offers, as they can ban you if you earn too much too fast.

11. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    Hey guys, If you didn't know, you can send in an email to Swagbucks and explain what happened and they'll unban you.

Anyways, I have made 40$ in PayPal from the site in a month... Great website :).

12. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to try this site. Hopefully I'll earn some dollars or at least amazon gift cards. For those who have cashed out already, could you please give us a tip like easy offers or offers that credit fast? And also how long does it take to receive your paypal credits or gift checks?

13. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of SwagBucks prior to reading this thread and I have tried it out last year, though I quickly lost interest since it took a while for me to even get bucks/points. Maybe I should retry it now that I'm older and less stupid. I know that it is a legitimate site, but the time it takes to get prizes can be irritating.

Maybe I can just silence the computer and use Swagbucks TV thing and get easy gift cards while I browse the web or something.

14. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    The only thing I hate about Swagbucks TV is having to always enter a Captcha to get your SBs now.

15. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Katniss, I have only gotten Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. It takes about a week, maybe a little more, for a gift card to appear in your account after you purchase it with points earned. There is also a limit to how many your can order in one day, and how many in a month. That means that it is a good idea to cash in your points for gift cards as you earn them rather than saving up a boatload of points to buy a bunch of gift cards in one sitting.

16. sparkle73

sparkle73Member

Threads:
    I have worked on this site for only a few months, and cashed out about three times. Some of the surveys were a little difficult at times; the rejection rates didn't help much, and I hated when I was almost finished with a particular survey, and was unable to finish it, due to an interruption that would not allow me to continue. I've complained to the owner about this problem, and they suggested that I either start all over with another survey, or complete another task on their site, it became too time-consuming and occasionally extremely boring, so I made the decision to move on because there are many different ways to make money online, and life is equally important, furthermore, too short to be struck on a site that wasn't worth it.

17. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    I've made around $10 in Amazon money so far on SwagBucks.

It's an easy website to make money from and I plan to continue to use it until I get super busy. (From surveys, search, and video watching)

18. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    I agree with some posts above, and my only comments about swagbucks are;

Legit - it really pays when you earn, although the point:cash ratio might be a bit high.
    Inefficient - the search engine is terrible
    Banning system - never got banned before so I can't comment

That said, it's not a GPT site that I stuck with for long.

19. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    How long ago did you use it? And did you do anything other than search? You can make more if you spend more time on the site doing surveys, watching TV, playing games, etc.

20. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I like swagbucks for the fact that when I earn amazon gift cards, they don't expire until 2015 so I can keep adding them to my amazon account and watch them build up over time. It's not the best site in the world to earn cash from but it's simple and only takes me a few minutes each day to earn a few swagbucks. They all add up over time.