Swagbucks success.

Discussion in Online Shopping started by JessiFox • Nov 29, 2012.

1. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    When you're early into earning money online, places like Swagbucks are pretty good. With their variety of surveys, takes, videos, and other ways to earn points. But as you get deeper into making online money, you'll abandon Swagbucks for greener pastures.

2. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    I just joined Swagbucks about a month ago. I agree that for the time invested it's worth the rewards. It may only be a few dollars, but if you saw a dollar on the road, would you step on it or pick it up? It's fun and easy to do too.

3. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    What other sites do you use? I have a full time job, but am always interested in online opportunities such as Swagbucks. I've made a ton of "money" (as in Paypal and Amazon gift cards) since joining Swagbucks. I also go through a handful of other sites daily, but Swagbucks is definitely the best one, in my experience. What else do you use that is seemingly more worthwhile than Swagbucks? I am very curious. Thanks in advance!

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently joined Swagbucks, but I haven't done anything on the site yet. I should really start using it. Getting the Amazon gift cards make it worth it because I already spend a lot of money there. Every little bit helps.

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Swagbucks is a waste of time. I used it for a month to see how much money I could earn and I realised it wasn't worth the effort. There are better options for earning money online. Swagbucks is way down on the pay rate list and it's tedious work.

6. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    Not sure what you mean by that. Can you clarify? It's always interesting to hear what people have to say about Swagbucks. I've made over $150.00 in Amazon and Paypal giftcards since March, but I didn't really change or "work" for it. I do the Daily Poll and NOSO. I do a couple of searches a day. I'll watch SBTV if I have time, and usually hit the daily max on my SBTV app on my iPhone. That iPhone app really was a game changer for me, I'd have to admit. It also helps that I've got about 3 very active referrals - so whenever they win during search, I get the same number of points. I typically keep Swagbucks open during the day when I'm at a computer - which is a lot because I work 9 to 5:30PM in front of a computer.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    It's a waste of time if you're trying to earn full time on the internet. I agree with that. But if you just do the searches while you're working on something unrelated, the points rack up soon enough. It's more of a spare time activity than a full time one.

8. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    I've had little to no success on Swagbucks. I always thought of those sites to be scams and time wasters. I mean there are some sites such as points 2 shop that may look good and such but it's a scam for me when they say they will ship you their products.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just cashed out for the first time with swagbucks it took about a week or less to get it and with just 5000 points i got 50 bucks i love itttt and i'm already up to a thousand so it takes no time to rank up the points especially with the bonus they give you to enter.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Wow, that's not bad at all. That's potentially 200 bucks a month.

So what methods are you using then? And just how much time are you spending on the site?

11. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! That's amazing! What did you do?

12. saver

saverNew Member

Threads:
    I to have used that site before and have liked it before, it seems like it's good at some times of the year and the other times it's not very good. But most of the time it's good that is why I am still using it today, I am yet to make a lot of money but heck it's money right?

13. Smackz

SmackzNew Member

Threads:
    I hate Swag Bucks. I won a swagstakes on my first account for $10 paypal. 2 days later, they closed my account for no reason. A week later, I decided to give them another chance. SAME EXACT THING. I won and continued to make searches, complete offers, do other stuff and my account got deactivated before I was sent any money on paypal. A complete SCAM.

14. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    That's incredible! How did you manage to earn so quickly? I'm averaging about $5 a month so far. Not that I'm complaining about this, as those $5 add up over time, but I'm curious to know exactly how much more work you're putting in than I am.

15. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I've heard many positive things about Swagbucks so I decided to give it a try. It's too early to tell how I'm going to do but the earning potential is there. You won't get rich off of it but I think it might be nice to earn some extra spending cash or gift cards from there.

16. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I usually max out the $5 Amazon gift cards (which is 5/month) and have started using my points towards Yaysave $5 gift cards. I've already made two orders on Yaysave and it is really great. The items are usually home/personal products and the prices are comparable to other sites/stores. Plus, you get Swagbucks for your order - so essentially I get Yaysave gift cards which cut down my actual out-of-pocket spending for things I need anyway, and then I get Swagbucks for it to redeem for more things!
    I use the SBTV Mobile App on my phone, search on Swagbucks several times a day (though I won't get points all the time), do NOSO, do Daily Poll, watch some videos if they're on the front page for about 1-3 SB each, and (if I have time) watch Swagbucks TV. The thing that really helps me is that I have 3 very active referrals - and for every search they win, I get the same number of points (up to 1000 points). The other thing is that I am fortunate enough to be in front of a computer for at least 8 hours a day at work - and so it's easy to have Swagbucks opened up in a browser in case I have some free time or want to hear some music (using the music section in Swagbucks TV) at work.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Swagbucks too. I've been earning Amazon cards there for years. I usually just watch the SwagbucksTV videos because it's easy to multitask and do things online or around the house while a video is playing. I don't use the shop and earn feature because I already get rewarded at another site for buying from the same online stores. But I do the Daily Polls. The surveys pay a lot of Swagbucks but require a lot of patience. I love it when they have ads on the homepage that pay 3 SBs because you usually have to watch 10 videos to earn that.

18. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I always forget about swagbucks! I don't really have the time to scour the internet for codes and the videos are usually too long for the amount of points offered for watching them. I used to try to do the daily poll and I am always searching for stuff so I figured swagbucks would be a good thing, but I don't always get points for my searches.

19. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I've been using Swagbucks for about two months now and am liking it so far. I hate the surveys though because they take up so much time and I always get kicked out, so no Swagbucks for me there. I watch the Swagbucks TV, do the daily poll, the NOSO, and I search whenever I can. It takes a long time to accumulate more than 1,000 points though, and getting your Swagbucks for the pay to shop option takes such a long time. I wish it didn't take so long to accumulate points, but oh well.

20. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's the problem with Swagbucks, you can spend hours filling out surveys and then be told you do not 'qualify'. One night I spent an hour filling out surveys and I didn't qualify for one. An hour of my life wasted and no payment to compensate, that was the last time I used the site.