Swagbucks success.

Discussion in Online Shopping started by JessiFox • Nov 29, 2012.

1. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I actually do not do the surveys at all. Personally, I think surveys are not worth it, especially on Swagbucks. If you, for instance, did a 20 minute long survey worth 50 Swagbucks, you make about $.50 - and most of the time, I don't qualify, either. So, I spend 10-15 minutes answering survey questions and then get 1 Swagbuck. I would much rather spend the time searching randomly on Swagbucks, watching SBTV, and using the SBTV app on my iPhone.

I usually can redeem a gift multiple times a week - and usually stick with Amazon $5 gift cards or Yaysave $5 gift cards. I started using Yaysave because purchases (even with a gift card) will give you more Swagbucks.

2. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I've tried Swagbucks, but I did not make much money using the site. I've made more money on MTurk, inboxdollar, and paidviewpoint.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I am a very active Swagbucks user, but I don't have many referrals. How do you guys get your referrals? I have had my sister sign up under me and she capped out the 1000 swagbucks limit already so I don't have those passive bucks coming in anymore. Do you post in forums? Tweet? Post your link? Swidget? Thanks for any tips!

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I love swagbucks me i like gift cards but i also love the money especially since once i have money in my paypal i can withdraw it and have my money on my paypal card the same day within seconds it's on my card and i can use it i have site that does nothing but gift cards and it's super easy to get the gift cards if you'd like i could send you the link since you like gift cards i have already cashed out with swagbucks for 50 bucks and about to do it again.

5. alreenaw

alreenawMember

Threads:
    I just started using Swagbucks on a daily basis. I thought it would take forever to earn points and that it wasn't worth my time. I just realized recently that you can earn quite a few points on a daily basis without having to do much. Once you have earned enough points, you can trade them in for gift cards. I am trying to save up for a paypal gift, so it is like cash.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Definitely. Swagbucks is not meant to be a job. It's a rewards site that gives rewards for searching, shopping, watching video, polls and surveys. If you look at it as something to do while you are doing other things online, it adds up. I've cashed in a lot of Amazon cards on Swagbucks and I think they're a great site.

7. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I think swagbucks is a fun little side money site. I don't spend much time on it, but I do check out the blog occasionally. I think they have some interesting stuff on it, and the swagbucks tv has some good things too. I think the polls are fun, and the NOSO only takes a minute. I do think it's hard to find swag codes. I don't even waste time on that anymore.

8. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I agree. I work a full time job, but do Swagbucks on the side. It works out for me because I'm sitting in front of a computer 9AM to 5PM at work. I would never recommend that someone quit their job and use this site to make their money. It would not be easy. I would, however, recommend it for gift cards, like ACSAPA says. Amazon is probably the best value. They have all sorts of gift cards (I've gotten Amazon mostly, but have also redeemed Swagbucks for Paypal gift cards and Yaysave gift cards). I'm planning on saving up all my gift cards until the holidays - I'm hoping that I will not be spending any money out of pocket. If you use Swagbucks knowing it will never replace a full time job, it really is an awesome site that can help you make money, save money, and still let you get fun things that you wouldn't otherwise get.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm stacking my Amazon gift cards that I earned on Swagbucks and just letting them add up in my Amazon gift card balance because I'm saving up the security deposit for the apartment I've been talking about for ages, and I want to have a lot of Amazon gift card credit so that I can buy a coffeemaker for my next apartment or whatever I need for the place. I have my eye on a gorgeous shower curtain too.

10. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I started using swag bucks a few months ago and haven't been as active on it as I could. I keep hearing people talk about how you can make easy money on it ( with the gift cards anyway ) I don't completely see how, I kind of find it a bit daunting trying to rack up all the points but can give it a try again.

11. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    Well I am not a fan. I spent half a day on there when I first signed up and ended up with enough swagbucks to merely enter some raffles. I felt like I had wasted a ton of time and received just about nothing in return. If I kept watching videos and doing surveys then I could have had enough swagbucks to get a gift card but it still wouldn't have been worth the time. I have no idea why anyone would spend all of that time staring into the screen just to get a few $5 gift cards.

12. pxyc

pxycNew Member

Threads:
    The effort to pay ratio is too high for me. If you're going to spend all day staring at your computer to make a few bucks, at least do something relatively fun. Even then, I'd rather go out and get a job and get paid minimum wage, that pays a lot more than Swagbucks would. Some people get really efficient with it after spending a lot of time, and that's good for them. I wouldn't recommend it though, at least get something that pays out on PayPal so you can get cash instead of Amazon giftcards.

13. dapperdileep

dapperdileepNew Member

Threads:
    I tried swagbucks too but I never seem to eligible for the surveys that offer a good number of points.

14. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you did take a look at the crowdflower tasks on swagbucks and try to compare what they pay against what other GPT sites pay, the disparity is too great to ignore. Swagbucks is simply wasting people's time and making a lot of money off them. Why should a crowdflower task that pays say $0.03 on some GPT site go for much less on swagbucks?

15. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I use to use SwagBucks, I stopped because the results just come in to slowly. I hate to use a website that doesn't produce results quickly enough.. That is the only reason I stopped using it, although I do use some new methods of earning.

16. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Well, they are an ok site I guess. They pay you and with a bit of effort you can cash out quickly enough. Its not very high paying and the amount you get for doing crowdflower tasks there is almost disgraceful. But its very little effort, if you do it just a few minutes a day.

17. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I am also a member of Swagbucks. I don't have a lot of time to spend on there, though. So I usually get most of my points through doing searches.

Another quick way to earn points on Swagbucks is to view the offer wall every day. I think you get 1-2 points for just doing that and it only takes a few seconds. Also, just answering the daily poll every day takes only a second.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a little slow on earning but since they added the ads, it is much better. I have only two qualms with Swagbucks. 10 business days is ridiculous. There are a few other sites that don't take that long. The other complaint I have is the Enterainow app. It only credits me on my crappy phone so it's crashing all the time.
    I wish I had referrals though but I've given up on that. I'm used to earning all by myself. The problem is I do not like telling people out of the blue to join. Maybe they already have a good paying job or do not have time or already know about the site. You just never know. It seems like you have to do that though because where people want those kinds of sites, you're not allowed to do referrals. People are a bunch of loonies on the site I tried to refer on so I'm not surprised that I got in trouble. I know if the person who was asking was me, they would have done the same thing. In fact if they referred me, I would welcome it completely if it was reciprocated. Also whenever I refer someone I let them know I'm willing to help them. It was just ridiculous because I do not gain anything from giving advice there. What's the harm in once in a while giving referrals on a site where you give free advice? Whenever I've gotten referrals from any of the sites or apps, they never do anything with it so I figure it's not even worth bothering anymore.

#58Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  19. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    Is there a swag bucks app compatible with a tablet? I'm trying to find ways to make money on my new tablet!

20. Cara18

Cara18Member

Threads:
    I agree Swagbucks is one of the best websites. I use to hate it but now I love it. I had to learn that it would take some time to build up points.