Swapping games.

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by prettycolors • Apr 7, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Instead of buying new games have you considered swapping your old games?

There are plenty of specialty websites where once you finish your game or get bored you can swap it for another that you haven't played yet. These sites have a rating system in place so you're protected from bad deals and sometimes you'll even get bonus games! If you're not in the habit of buying your games as digital downloads this seems to me like a great way to save money as a gamer.

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly buy digital versions nowadays, but I'd love to do this with some older games I have.
    Could you link with a service that works internationally? (I'm in Europe)

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would consider that if I was a gamer because games can be damn expensive and getting a pirated copy is all so wrong. I wish they would allow people to swap digital games. This would be all so much better but pretty bad for the game developers because you can make thousands of copies and send them to your friends.

4. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I always swap my old games.

Gamestop is one of my favorite stores of all time. I think a lot of people would agree with me on that. Gamestop will give you fair value on your games in cash, or store credit. I prefer store credit. You get more that way.

I heard that the next generation of consoles are going to have DRM. Which means we will not be able to trade games anymore. They are going to be locked on one specific console.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've always heard that Gamestop gives terrible value for used games, are you really happy with it?
    What you are referring to with new consoles was how the Xbox One was going to be, but they went back on that last year, so that info is wrong.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I almost, always do that with games that I didn't really enjoyed that much, but for my favorite games or games that are really worth my money I just keep them on my shelf, something to brag about when I have my kids someday. But since I moved from the city to the countryside, its hard to find stores that accommodate such method, so I just go online for my games.