Switching from Chrome and Gmail

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by mistymi • Mar 17, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm using Firefox now and going to removing my Gmail accounts when I have the time, which I've had for several years.

Gmail and Chrome just nag a little too much now and come with things I don't want like Google+ and hangouts, which I have to manually remove. I was really annoyed after uploading Youtube videos required Google+ too. It just reminds me of the newer versions of Windows that come with more things I don't want.

Have you ever thought about switching from Gmail and Chrome or if you don't use them what services do you use instead?

#1Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure what your question is all about. I think if you are tired with using Gmail then you should make sure you look for another email provider if that is the issue. At the moment I do not see any other option but Gmail is just great.

3. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    It is a double-edged sword in my opinion. Even though the plethora of services which Google has come up with and has tried to integrate it with our online life, has made it very easy for us to communicate with each other, but I feel like that it is dangerous that we are trusting one single company with all that amount of personal information and data. So, yes, I have also thought about switching from Google.

4. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    It's not really a question. Just a statement I guess. I was wondering if other people were getting tired of Google.

5. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I have thought about moving on several occasions but i do fear that google has too much power over the internet and i really do need to have a google account to really be able to utilise the internet well enough. So it is a good idea to move from google. But it is not the most practical decision.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well for one I'm starting to hate Google because of their relentless shoving of Google+ in our faces, I mean, come on! They honestly think that forcing people to use their service is a good thing? But all in all, I think Gmail is the best email service out there, its fast and very simple to use. Maybe you're bummed out by the 'one account fits all' thing, but I don't mind it really, I think its pretty convenient. But I just hate Google+.