Swivel Sweeper

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by LindaKay • May 10, 2013.

1. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Ugh, did anyone ever try the Swivel Sweeper? You're supposed to be able to quickly zip around your floor to clean it (both carpet and hard floors). I had horrible luck with mine. The handle broke after about a month, and it quit picking up things well before that, truth be told. Has anyone else tried this product?

2. deerng27

deerng27New Member

Threads:
    I tried this product a couple of years ago and It did not work for me. It picks up some dirt off the floor but that's just it only picks up the surface. If you want your floors really clean you need a vacuum cleaner. The swivel sweeper does not have the power to go deep into your carpet to pick up the dirt within. Another thing I found annoying was having to clean out the bottom from pieces of string or hair after every use or it would not work properly.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I used it, and yes there are issues with the swivel sweeper. First of all you have to constantly clean the roller otherwise it will get clogged easily. Another problem the power pack will go in it, perhaps in less then six months with continual use. My family did like the swivel sweeper though, because it was great to use in bedrooms and we even replaced one with another. But after awhile we gave up on this product because it was too much maintenance and didn't live up to all its claims.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Oh no! I don't want to hear all these bad reviews! I've had the swivel sweeper about 3 weeks and I still like it. It hasn't died yet. I think of it more as a quick broom rather than a vacuum. I realize I'm not getting a deep clean, but for the daily job of just getting the cheerios out from under the kitchen table, it is doing the trick. I still vacuum and mop my entire floor once a week, but the daily maintenance with this thing is much faster than a broom.

I was worried about the rechargeable battery, because I know those are notorious for slowly getting weaker over time, so I just try to run mine until it almost stops before re-charging the battery.

We've cleaned out the rollers once, and the main thing I hate is the amount of hair that gets wrapped around them. It is pretty gross to clean it out. But otherwise, I think it has been worth the money so far. I'll check back in if mine dies on me. :)