Taco Bell Breakfast

Discussion in Product Reviews started by starfox64 • Mar 28, 2014.

1. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone ordered some breakfast from Taco Bell, yet? It's supposed to be the newest thing that they have to offer but I haven't gotten around to buying some breakfast from them yet. I'm really wondering if it is any good...:confused:

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They haven't even announced a Taco Bell breakfast in my city. What is it? Huevos rancheros? Breakfast burrito? Are they still trying to stick to the Taco Bell theme or is it a random plate of pancakes and eggs? I've eaten a leftover Taco Bell burrito for breakfast before but didn't know they were actually starting to serve breakfast.

3. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Are you sure? I thought it was a nationwide type of thing. They've got waffle tacos, crunch wraps, breakfast burritos, hashbrowns, grilled tacos and a bunch of other things.

Here's the website...

4. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Yes! It was surprisingly really good. I honestly didn't think it was going to taste that great but I had to give it a try, my curiosity got the best of me haha. I got the waffle taco, I don't want to think about how unhealthy it was but it sure as heck tasted great!

5. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Haha, the waffle tacos are really cute but I've yet to try them. I've probably had a breakfast burrito before but it must have been forgettable. I wish their breakfast menu looked more Mexican or colorful too. Throw some tomatoes on or something instead of adding bacon to everything.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not much of a breakfast person, and I did not like Taco Bell's breakfast. I enjoy having breakfast at McDonalds, but aside from there I don't really like breakfast from any other fast food chains. They are now well prepared and tend to be way too oily to eat at breakfast.

7. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I do not care for Taco Bell, however there breakfasts look, well, interesting. It's a bit of a drive for us to get to the closest one so I doubt we will ever try it.

8. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    My Husband is the one who was super excited when he heard about the Breakfast options at Taco Bell and he finally got around to ordering the Waffle Taco when it became available at all Taco Bell's. So after trying it I asked him what he thought and all he said was one word Awesome! He said there were other breakfast options there that he wanted to try out, but he pointed out how there wasn't a variety of options as much as McDonalds. I still think that it is pretty good considering it is Taco Bell you wouldn't think they'd have much to choose from, but they actually did pretty good with the breakfast menu.

9. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks, for your feedback! I'll definitely try Taco Bell's breakfast out sometime soon! I think I'm going to go with either the breakfast burrito or the A.M. crunchwrap. Granted, this won't be an everyday type of thing, I imagine the calories are through the roof, but heck, I've got to at least try it!

10. bms00

bms00Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure why Taco Bell didn't go with a more Mexican theme for their breakfast. I know it's not real Mexican but I'm not sure what distinguishes them from McDonald's breakfast or any other fast food breakfast. That said, that A.M. Crunchwrap looks great! Too bad it's not morning...

11. FrugalFranny

FrugalFrannyNew Member

Threads:
    I have not tried it and I am probably not going to either. I like AUTHENTIC Mexican food. Tabo Bell & Taco Bueno, both have given me mud butt. I had to stay home for 3 days. I am Mexican-American & it's not like I have a sensitive stomach or anything but I think the restaurants are gross! I actually like fast-food places like Whataburger's breakfast burritos. Sonic has some tasty one but its very pricey! If you want good quality tasting authentic Mexican food go to Taco Cabana. It's more authentic, good deals & you can eat in or go through the drive-thru, too.

12. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I really hope you do get a chance to try it out for yourself and hopefully you'll like it. I do agree about not making it a daily trip to eat out because it would definitely be unhealthy, but when it comes to new items it is worth trying at least once.

13. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Oh, no doubt! I miss living in Texas so badly simply for Taco Cabana. I'd never eat at a Taco Bell or a Taco Bueno, if I could simply get some real authentic mexican food. Taco Cabana does it right! From the tortillas to the ingredients, it is so much like sitting down and enjoying the real thing. Thanks for making my mouth water!

14. FrugalFranny

FrugalFrannyNew Member

Threads:
    Haha! You welcome. I also have homemade tortilla recipes, if you're into all that. I also used to work at a Taco Cabana. They are not dirty at all, like other fast food places I have worked at. They also serve margaritas, Coronas, and real Mexican Coca Colas. Also, if there is a Pasados (sp?) or Fuzzy's Tacos restaurant in your area, I definitely recommend trying them as well. Try the fajita platter, it's like a party in your mouth.:D You can't go wrong with "stret tacos" either!! Just saying!!!

15. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I saw the banners that they had in their windows promoting their new breakfast options, and it looked extremely unappetizing to me. I feel that adding breakfast options is really just a waste. I'm sure that somebody on the corporate side of Taco Bell was so "hungry" to compete with McDonalds that they thought up this idea to offer some competition.. For the life of me though, it just doesn't seem right to go to Taco Bell in the morning. I respect that there are people on here who have tried it and been satisfied, but I think I'll remain somewhat stubborn on this one.

16. TomRalphio

TomRalphioNew Member

Threads:
    I tried it and on one hand I realize I shouldn't expect much from a fast food joint, but it wasn't very good at all. Just stuffing eggs (the preserved, canned variety) into everything suddenly doesn't turn it into breakfast food. I'm posting a picture of the breakfast taco and you can see for yourself. Would you really want to eat that?
    h48xhWo.

17. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    My sister is pregnant with her second child so now that Taco Bell has this she's jonesing for it all the time. Honestly, it made me a bit nauseated when I saw it. I've egg omeletes prepared for me ate diners that tasted more like Mexican cuisine..even if this -is- Taco Bell.

18. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It looks horrible TBH. Add on the fact about how ridiculously unhealthy it is and it's very easy for me to avoid. Breakfast is one meal I always try and eat healthy at and don't think Taco Bell Breakfast is a good way to start out. Not that the normal Taco Bell menu is a beacon for healthy food, but at least I know I'll enjoy the fatty goodness.