Taco Bell Build Your Own Box Deal

Discussion in Food & Drink started by MoniqueSeibel • Apr 1, 2013.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I've been recently seeing these Taco Bell commercials promoting the 5 items for $5 dollar deal. Although, it seems like a pretty good deal I think that is a ton of food to eat for one meal, specially considering the type of processed food that is is. They aren't marketing the commercial as a meal to share either. I personally think this is terrible from a health point of view. Would you guys buy it?
    byob-calc-en.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I was going to say that the 'boxes' are usually implied that they're for multiple people.

The fact that this box specifically has a single drink included into it, though? That's a big no-no to me. That makes it clear that it's not intended to be shared, which is not a good thing at all. While their items tend to be small and it's not uncommon to eat multiple tacos/whatever, it does seem a bit excessive.

At least it's an all-inclusive "two tacos, a side item, and a dessert + drink" instead of being all 5 tacos or something.

3. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I stopped eating at Taco Bell a long time ago when it dawned on me that everything is just a variation on the very small palette of ingredients they offer. It's just a creative jumble of the same ingredients over and over again. And their prices have become ridiculous. I remember when you could get a taco for just .59 cents!!

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    five tocos isn't really that much too eat because they are small, but just because you order the box don't mean you can't share it. I don't eat that often at toco bell only because I would rather make my own homemade at home, and because there aren't very many things I like there, and the prices have gotten really high. I think I would rather stick to making mine at home.

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I still had a Taco Bell in my area. This sounds like a great deal that my sister and I would definitely like. As you said it is designed more for say two people then just one. I like the idea of being able to create your own box with the stuff on Taco Bell's menu.

6. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen the ads for the box in our area yet but I can see where a lot of people would order this. Two small items, a side and a dessert with a drink would be considered the perfect sized meal for some folks. I do think that this is something that more fast food places are doing now. They are seeing that a lot of people are ordering items off of their value menus this way anyway so why not add the drink and dessert items and make a couple more bucks?

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    And you can still get plain tacos for $.79-99, so I really don't think they've inflated that much. Sure, the bigger or more complex options (so to speak), are more expensive. Taco Bell is still one of the cheapest fast food places you can go to, though.

8. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I think for the average adult this may be to much. I have bought this meal for my two teenage boys. One was not enough for them. So I do buy them each there own now. But like I said they are teenage boys. I could not handle eating that much food. And the fact that it is so greasy and full of carbs makes me glad I cannot eat that much.

Yes the tacos are not that big looking, but they are full of meats beans and cheese. So it seems like it would be very filling. Overall Taco Bell is not any more healthy than the other fast food burger places. So if you are looking for a quick meal at a cheap price I guess this deal would work for you. But you can get just as filled up and pay $5 for a 1/2 inch sub at subway. And it is way more healthy.

9. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I'm more concerned with the quality of the food and the caloric content more so than the price. I just think it is a lot of unhealthy food for one meal. And they aren't marketing this meal for two people, as the people in the commercial each had their own and it only comes with one drink. I made a hypothetical order and looked up the calorie content which was over 1400 calories.