Tag Away Anyone?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by kayhill • Aug 19, 2012.

1. kayhill

kayhillNew Member

Threads:
    I hope this is not too much information, but I have developed several skin tags over the past two years. I have been researching for natural ways to take care of these unsightly tags. Yesterday, I saw a commercial for a product called "Tag Away". It claims to contain essential oils. Has anyone heard of it or used it? I don't want to waste money on another useless product.

2. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard it, but have never found anybody who has actually used it. If I were in your situation, I would call a dermatologist and ask their opinion. I wouldn't risk that it could do more damage than good! Just my opinion.

3. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Although I have come cross those products made from essential oils to get rid of skin tags, I haven't used them. I have removed the ones I got after my pregnancies by freezing them off with an OTC product. It was simple to use, and got rid of the tags in one application. Be warned that it was a bit painful though!

4. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I've used the Freeze Off wart remover with success in the past. But, honesty, if you use a small, sterilized nail clipper, it is easier and less painful to just quickly snip them off (only the small ones, of course). Pinches for a half-second and then it's done. There may be a little blood, but a swipe with an alcohol-soaked cotton ball and it's no more blood. I've gotten rid of at least 20 skin tags this way. Free and quick...no having to wait until they turn black and fall off.

5. monica101

monica101New Member

Threads:
    I ordered this product online, but haven't received it yet. It's been three weeks since I placed my order. However anyone wanting to order it please be advised that if you do order you will get a call from a salesperson offering you a free giftcard to (a variety of places) for you to try Budget Savers for 30 days, afterwhich you would be charged $29.95 each month. Do Not let them talk you into their scam!!! Just say no, not interested!!! I checked online this morning to see if my creditcard had been charged for the tagaway because I haven't gotten it in the mail yet only to find charges pending against my account for Budget Savers. If this same thing has happened to you-- just call Budget Savers at 1-800-916-1813 tell them you want to cancel and make sure to get the cancellation # before you hang up. After all this I'm not happy about Tagaway selling my name to scam artists!!

6. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen advertisements for the Tag Away, but I'm having trouble understanding exactly what a skin tag is.

7. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Does it tell you what essential oils it uses? Because if it does, then you can look into their quality and what they do. Maybe you can just buy the essential oils yourself and save some money. Usually I start my research into natural and herbal cures online and then move to more reputable sources. Give it a go.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Something tells me it's probably just tea tree oil (I've seen it often sold in blue bottles like that). If so, personally, I've tried tea tree oil in the past for a few different skin conditions, and it really didn't do anything. If that's what's in it, you'll know pretty quickly because it has a horribly strong menthol-like smell to it.

9. Brook

BrookMember

Threads:
    I think tea tree oil is used for lots of things skin related. It wouldn't hurt to try it. You can purchase it fairly inexpensively in a health food store. The idea of snipping them off with a nail clipper sounds painful! Make sure the clippers are sterilized in order to prevent any type of infection.

10. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    My mother has tried everything and anything going over the last five or so years to remove the skin tags she had under her arm - to no success. The only thing that worked was a visit to the dermatologist, who eventually removed them for her. I have no idea if the product you have seen is a genuine way to remove them but I would be skeptical.

11. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Considering the fact that I didn't even know people had "tags", you can only imagine my dismay when I saw this commercial. I can assure you all that I will never be the same. I could have definitely lived another 100 years happily not knowing this tidbit of information.

12. nj385

nj385New Member

Threads:
    Tag Away is a scam.

Tag Away does not work. I purchased the buy one,get one free offer and after using both bottles and 60 days later NOTHING happened. It's a scam. don't waste your time and money.

13. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I knew it had to be a scam, just like all the other 'As seen on TV items'. I have been stupid enough to buy a few of them in the past, but no more. If you are waiting for one to come out that actually works, you will be waiting forever. If I am wrong, then someone please tell me if they have actually had success with an 'As seen on TV' item.

14. olafster

olafsterNew Member

Threads:
    Tag Away--don't waste your money

I bought this product about 6 months ago and applied it as directed and had nor results--waste of money!

15. herman

hermanNew Member

Threads:
    Success

I hear you. I'm a confirmed skeptic myself. I've used two products that were great. One is Mighty Putty. I've fixed a whole bunch of things with that. It's GREAT. I bought a few tubes (it looks like playdough) probably 5 years ago and just used some the other day.

The second was... I don't even remember the name, but it's the spray on, black leak stopping stuff. They show a screen door on the bottom of a boat in the commercial. I don't know if I'd try that, but it worked on a couple of trailer roofs really well. It's not cheap, but it sure was easy and now it's dry inside.

16. hamptonacres

hamptonacresNew Member

Threads:
    Pharmacist comment

I'm not only a registered Pharmacist, but I hold a doctor of Pharmacy degree too. One thing most people don't understand about homeopathic medicine is what the item you are buying truly is. What I mean by this is on all homeopathic medicine you will see 30x or 100x etc. This is referring to the number of dilutions. All homeopathic medicine is made from a mother tincture. They take a plant for instances and extract the active ingredient from it. Then if they are making a 30x product the will take 1 ml of mother tincture and dilute it with 10 mLs of alcohol, then they actually shake that product a prescribed number of times, then they take 1 ml of that and dilute it again with 10 mLs alcohol and shake it again...this is repeated 30 times..hence the 30x. Homeopaths actually believe that the shaking process "energizes" the product. The more dilutions and shaking the more potent it becomes. A 100x product is way more potent than a 30x product according to homeopaths. However, the final product may only contain just a few molecules of the original mother tincture. The US government wrote into drug law that homeopathic medicine was legal to sell. That's how they get away selling such rubbish without lawsuits. Do you honestly think a few molecules of a plant extract will get rid of skin tags? Please keep in mind that Herbals are not homeopathic medicines and visa versa.

17. dolotexas

dolotexasNew Member

Threads:
    What product did you use....? I don't mind the pain.

18. OlGuy

OlGuyNew Member

Threads:
    Free Technique

In case you are interested, I paid good money for a technique for removing skin tags. I use the snip method for smaller ones, essentially painless (don't get the skin in the clippers}, but for bigger tags, that's not feasible. The bigger ones: make a mixture of castor oil and baking soda. Use enough castor oil to make a paste and spread it on the tag, cover with a band-aid, and keep doing that for a month or so. The author of this method recommends pricking the tag with a pin and being very sterile about the whole thing, but I think sanding it a bit does the same thing. I'm very liberal with the alcohol, too. (Rubbing kind. lol) If you prick it or sand it till it bleeds, that's too much. Use fine sandpaper.

By the way, the sandpaper technique works great on calluses, too. I got rid of one on my stump that was causing many problems. Sand every day. It take a few months, but worth it. My doctor asked me where I got my medical advice, Popular Mechanics? Go ahead, laugh, I got rid of it, you didn't. LOL

Hope this helps.

#18Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  19. AUDREY

AUDREYNew Member

Threads:
    It truly does not work!!!!

Me too. I had purchased it 2 months ago. Buy 1 get 1 free. I applied as it says 3 times a day, which is ridiculous. I am working, cannot apply it during the day and on top it has a very strong smell. The whole office could smell it cause it has a very strong scent. After 2 months NOT a single tag either shrink or do anything. Yes,It says guarantee satisfied if returned the UNUSED bottle for refund. How can you returned the unused bottle when you have finished applying it on your tags to see the results? I paid more than $30.00 for nothing. So, please anyone who read this - IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!!

20. Lipsexyc

LipsexycNew Member

Threads:
    Hey, I know what product your talking about!!!

I've used a couple as seen on TV that actually work, there is this foot lotion called Miracle foot lotion its great!!!!, also the genie bra is great too. But the black rubber stuff in a can is "FLEX SEAL":)