[EXPIRED] Tag

Discussion in Suggestions & Feedback started by Pandorical • Apr 7, 2012.

1. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    How would everyone feel about the tag [EXPIRED] being put in front of expired deals thread names. What I mean is implement a system where people can mark a deal as expired. I a certain amount of people mark it as expired (possibly 3?) then the word '[EXPIRED]' is added to the start of the thread's name. I don't know if it would be possible but it really would be useful.

2. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    It would be possible but it's too much work! Most of the deals, offers, samples... haven't any date of expiration so it will be too hard to keep in track! But the site have to have different threads for different things, because now is too messy! There are threads for coupons everywhere!

3. Collin1000

Collin1000Member

Threads:
    I think that the thread starter should just include in their post when the deal expires. Or in the topic. That's much easier than people having to vote on it.

4. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    I know it would be easier for the tread starter to put the expiry date in their post but that sometimes isn't enough. Sure, they could put it in the title but most wouldn't. The reason I want this is that I'll be able to instantly be able to see if a deal has expired. Also, about alinass' point about it being to hard to track, that's why I suggested a voting system making it automated.

5. agoodwriter

agoodwriterNew Member

Threads:
    That would be pretty good. Everyone can see when that deal is going to be expired. You could also try to install some automated script which moves expired deals into expired section automatically.

6. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    That's actually a really good idea. Possibly even better than tagging it! I'm pretty sure there is some vBulletin mod that would be able to do that.

7. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    That's a good idea, but I think it's a little bit difficult to make a voting system.
    In my opinion, it would be better to add the expired tag just by editing the post, and this should be compulsory :D

8. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    I suppose but I'm sure there will be a vBulletin Mod that can do it. To be able to maintain the 'compulsory' bit of it, we'd need more than 1 moderator to keep an eye on it.

9. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    Oooooohhhhh, there's now a little bit which says the expiry date! It would be nice if it was that if it wasn't filled in then someone else posting (above a certain post count to prevent abuse?) could do it for them. At the end of the day, it's an optional field so there will be people who just can't be bothered to fill it it.

10. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    Yes you are right about that we'd need a moderator...
    Admin has already applied this voting system! Take a look at any thread on the deals forum and next to the "Dislike" button there is a new option which allows us to vote an expired deal!
    Thank you Admin :D

11. Pandorical

PandoricalActive Member

Threads:
    I saw! Thanks so much dpf, it really is appreciated! :)

12. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I know this thread is over three years old now, but is that still "true" (except that now it's 'Unlike hypertext' and it's 'Report an expired deal.')

Or does 'report'-ing a thread "mark it for deletion," when we should just send a note to the thread's OP that THEY should 'move their thread to the EXPIRED-category'---CAN THREAD-POSTERS move their discussions, or do they need a moderator to move it?

13. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    2015-08-03_1250.@mythman@mythman if you post an offer in any "Latest Deals" forum board you can edit it and mark it as expired.
    Also if you find an expired deal on our forum you can report it an we will mark it "expired".