Take a shorter shower to save money?

Discussion in Water started by Denis Hard • Apr 28, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Water is included in our rent, but I do think taking a shorter shower can help reduce costs on energy and water bills a bit. Anything past 10-15 minutes is pretty excessive in my book, but I do understand the plethora or reasons why people take longer showers. Overall, I doubt it would reduce costs more than a few dollars every month if you actively tried to reduce your time in the shower.

2. terryp1202

terryp1202New Member

Threads:
    I tend to take very long showers. I like the hot water and the time to relax and collect my own thoughts. It's almost like therapy for me. I even like to kill multiple birds with one stone by brushing my teeth and shaving while in there too. So I guess I am saving a little bit of time. I usually don't go over 20 minutes or so, but I have stayed in the shower for upwards of 45 minutes before.

3. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I always have pretty short showers, but not out of water conservation concerns, we have a well so the water isn't metered of course. I do like to conserve electricity as the cost of heating water is really high. I couldn't imagine staying in the shower for 45 minutes, that seems like an astronomical waste of water.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I am very much the same. When I take showers I'll be in there for up to forty-five minutes to an hour and a half. That is assuming I have the time in the first place. I live in a house with five other people though, so it can be hard to have a shower without being interrupted because someone needs the toilet or whatever. My mother never says anything to me about getting out of the shower to save water or money luckily.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish that I could because I find showers to be a waste of time. I feel like I'm in there too long. I'm only in there on a normal day for probably about 5 minutes and on days where I wash my hair and shave it's a half hour. That's too long if you ask me. Taking showers is so unproductive because you're just standing there cleaning yourself.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think I'd do this because I just prefer to take showers as long or short as I want to, and if I wanted to save money I'd probably just look elsewhere. It it works for anyone else, though, I won't hold it against them. It's just not for me in terms of a savings method. Maybe if I were really trying to save more than usual then I would do it, but as much as possible, I think I'd just try and enjoy my shower sessions.