Take Note Of Your Monthly Expenes

Discussion in Misc & Others started by davos • Jun 7, 2016.

1. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Saving money is not as complicated as it seems, but before cutting off your expenses, you need to know exactly what the money is going.

To find out, write for a month your daily, weekly and monthly expenses. You can do this with a mobile application or a book that you always carry in your handbag. It is quite possible that you will find out a surprise at the end of the month.

Once you realize how much money you spend, you now are able to decide what things are necessary and what you can get by without.

For example, What if you spot beautiful baby clothes you could buy with your credit card? Think of the interest they charge you every month if you do not pay directly in cash the purchase. Do not think you no longer can enjoy your daily cup of coffee for dressing your baby with these fantastic fashion garments. Of course you can do it! The important thing is to look for alternatives that allow you to save. Ask yourself the goal of spending a little less and save a little more each month. If you think so, maybe you'll have more motivation to avoid unnecessary expenses.

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Taking not of my expenses is something that I always do. However, there are many times when I am being frustrated by the appearance of added expenses such as increase above the norm of my utility bills and the increases in petrol and other commodity prices. These raises sometimes really negatively affect by budget and most of the added expenses are really unavoidable.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a monthly budget using the spreadsheet in my laptop which takes note of the accounting of my income and expenses. It is just a simple money in and money out. I'm glad that since some 5 years ago, I always have something left in my monthly budget. And when time comes that money out is greater than money in then it is an occasion to audit my expenses. It's not good to be overspending especially when there is no occasion.

4. johndee

johndeeMember

Threads:
    Sure, if you set a financial plan and goals to achieve, saving money doesn't have to be complicated. To track my expenses, I too have a budget which I have broken down into three parts.

These are daily, monthly and future expenses. Daily expenses go to my day to day needs like food, monthly expenses go to things such as utility bills and future expenses go to savings and investments.