Taking Advantage Of Back To School Sales For Office Supplies

Discussion in Office Supplies started by cocolgooh • Jun 20, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I always take advantage of the back to school sales to stock up on office supplies (and even gifts sometimes as they have plenty of things I know kids that would make use of that I can give to them for various occasions around the year!). I make a point of stocking up on things like Pens, paper, notebooks, Staples and even printer ink if they're including that in the back to school sale. I find it helps you to save a lot of money throughout the year. Do you take advantage of these sales? What sort of things do you stock up on?

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I usually stock up on pen, pencils, paper, notebooks and printer cartridges during the sale period.Stocking up on these Items at that time, especially the printer ink will really result in considerable savings later on when they would be needed and the prices would be increased.

3. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do stock up in August. My favorite buy is 70 count sprial notebooks. I use the heck out of these and last year I got a dozen for 17 cents each. What a deal! I guess I should look around at more of what is offered. But yes, early August is THEE time to buy office supplies!!

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I definitely take advantage of back to school sales. I love late August, early September. I stock up on composition notebooks with graph paper. I love these notebooks. I also stock up on pens, graph paper, pencil lead for automatic pencils, tape, glue etc. I have a nice stash of office supplies. My niece loves to shop in my supply cabinet.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, a week or two before the opening of the school year, there are endless discounts on school and office supplies. That's the time that I buy my stock of note pads, sign pens, whiteboard marker (for our whiteboard at home), white paper and envelopes, also folders and fasteners for my husband who usually need that for compiling some documents. It's no joke to get 20% discount at least. It has become a tradition for stationers and bookstores to go on sale during that period which they call back to school sale.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm out of school anymore, but I remember those back-to-school sales. They do offer huge discounts, but I just buy what I need that time. Now that I don't go to school anymore, I just stock up on pens, and I buy writing materials only when I need them.

7. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I do take advantage of these sales for more than just my kids since they have a really good deals on pens and paper. I never thought about printer ink though so I am glad that I read that. I will make sure that I keep that in mind when it is time to go school shopping.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I always go to the Dollar Tree to get school supplies. I will not pay $5 for a box of pens that I will end up losing! I love getting my staples, pins, glue, scissors and so much more at the Dollar Tree. I get reams of paper at Walmart. Big name office supply stores are so pricey. I only shop there off season for the clearance items.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. This really is the best time to buy office supplies because it's when everything is priced down. To some extent it's kind of like Christmas prices for just office and school supplies. We don't use that much of it nowadays though so we just buy one or two of whatever item we need on any particular day but it really is a eat strategy for anyone who does tend to use up a lot of these types of items to stock up during this season.

10. Jeanbean

JeanbeanNew Member

Threads:
    Coco, that is smart! Those back to school deals are a steal. I went to Walmart the other day and already saw Back to School sales being advertised. I need to see if Staples or OfficeMax has better deals.

I'm a writer and can always use more posterbosrds, folders and markers.

I can also get DIY supplies.

11. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    The best part about back to school sales is that everyone can benefit from it, not just the school age kids. Walmart is having a sale right now on back to school supplies which I will take advantage of since I'm going to college. You cant beat 15 cents for a pack of paper. What has also helped my family save money on school supplies is simply keeping organized and having the supplies put in a place where my siblings cant get it. It is amazing how much left over we have when we don't allow them to draw on all the paper and only hand it out as needed.

12. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart is having great sales already on back to school supplies and like you said much of this can be used for home and or office needs. Regarding kids though, the new bright colored crayons were only .25 cents! The pens, pencils and highlighters were all at reduced prices too! I only spent $15.00 bucks but came back with about 3 bags full of stuff. It was awesome!

13. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. I used to buy the cheap spiral notebooks at Walmart by the case, especially back when the kids were younger. They used to be ten cents each. Still, at 17 cents, I won't complain. I've seen the same ones for a buck elsewhere. They come in quite handy.

I also stock up on pens, pencils, markers erasers, glue, and more, to have extra school supplies on hand later in the year if needed, but yeah. I like being able to get a bunch of office supplies, and sometimes even a few arts and crafts items, for very little money during back to school sales. I grab some stuff for the grandkids as well, so they have extra coloring supplies and art supplies when they come over.

14. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I always take advantage of it a month before my son's school term. They are usually given a list of requirements upon enrollment and those are the things they eventually use for class projects. I don't just buy the requirements. My son also loves crafting so I buy extra reams of bond paper and craft supplies like glue, crayons or colored pens, pencils, scotch tapes, and colored paper.

15. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, I am right there for all these sales (well not all of them). I am pretty set on pens, probably for the rest of life, so I am good there, but when it comes to those little things like paper clips and staples, this is certainly the time of year to stock up when you have the chance. I know this year I got quite a bit of paper and glue, and white out too, and it was all pretty cheap. Thanks for sharing.

16. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to think the other way round. Instead of waiting for back to school offers, why not take advantage of the commencement of the long holidays especially at the end of the year to stock up on stationery? Few people frequent stores at this time meaning that prices are drastically reduced following the laws of supply and demand.

17. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I always stock up on notebooks. I once bought 20 notebooks for one dollar. There was an entire box and I also got to take the box home. I have also purchased tons of pencil for around 25 cents for a 10 pack of good quality 2.0 pencils. Erasers were the cheapest at 1 cent per pink eraser.

18. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I always check on the cashback websites. Those websites can give some good returns for the amount of money invested in purchase. Because getting cashback is not easy. So better to check on the cashback sites first. And from there onwards you can take advantage of the office supplies. Usually 5% to 10% cashback is expected from most of the sites. It's just hard otherwise.

19. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You know Back to School sales are one of the best yearly sale here too on Oahu. I like most do take advantage of office supplies on sale at the time of Back to School sales. Every store locally has something for Back to School on sale so you get a big variety of products on sale at one time too. I really like Back to School sales yearly for it helps save a lot of money every year.