Target, K-Mart, or Walmart?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mrpotatohead • Aug 16, 2012.

?

Favorite?

1. Walmart

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. K-Mart

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Target

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. mrpotatohead

mrpotatoheadNew Member

Threads:
    I personally go to Walmart, as they always have whatever I need, at usually lower prices than Target or K-Mart. Despite some stories about their questionable business practices (which unfortunately apply to most large corporations) they are a great store for electronics, food, home stuff, etc. Target are great as well, but in my experiences their prices tend to be somewhat higher on a lot of things.

Anyway.. thoughts?

2. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    I shop at Walmart or target mainly. There is a Kmart but the prices are much higher. There is a newly expanded mini super target which has very competitive food prices, better than most grocery stores but Walmart is still ym go to for everyday items like shampoo or toothbrushes.

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I always shop at Target I'm not a fan of Walmart, or K-Mart. The selection of electronics and clothes are better at Target. I like Walmart for the Groceries, but nothing else. K-Mart is not very clean, and when I go there I don't get good service. Target gets my vote.

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I often go to Walmart out of the three listed here. They are not my favorite store for many reasons, but sometimes they just have the best prices. Our Walmart is across the street from Target so if needed I could hop over to Target from there. I refuse to shop at K-Mart because of their high prices. It is also about 5 minutes further away from me the the other two.

5. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart mainly, because right now I only buy the basics in life and they do have the lowest prices. I very rarely go to K-Mart. Their prices just are not competitive. I would love to shop more at Target than what I do, but right now I'm just not buying clothes and the other whatnot they have to offer.

6. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I love Wally World. I'm there almost every weekend. Walmart has everything I pretty much need. And Target their prices are a little high for my taste and they really don't have anything that I like. The store is really boring to me. And I don't have a Kmart in town, we used to but now we don't. But I love Kmart too, but love Walmart more.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Walmart too. They have good prices and a wide variety of things I use and need. Target is my second favorite because their prices are kind of high but they have some aesthetically attractive items created by special guest designers like Mossimo, Michael Graves and Isaac Mizrahi.

I don't like Kmart. They had some really beautiful Christmas stuff one year and their Sofia Vergara fashion line is cute but that's all they have going for them.

8. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Target, but go to Walmart more often...I just find their prices to be lower for the same products that I can buy at Target. Kmarts here are absolutely disgusting so I don't go in those :p

9. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I feel the same way. I can't testify that I agree with some of Walmarts practices however I admit I do shop there the most of the three places. I find that the beat the competition with their prices and selection. I usually get everything from laundry detergent and cat food to electronics and home goods. I like Walmart, just not standing in line at check out.

10. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a Kmart fan at all. To me they run a dirty store and sell cheap products.

Target and Walmart are pretty similar, but I always end up spending more money shopping Walmart. I will say this, though, while both Target and Walmart do not properly train their employees to be more professional and courteous, Target does a slightly better job with their employees in this area. It is rare at the Walmart I shop at to even get a hello from the cashier much less a thank you when handed my receipt. And forget about a smile.

11. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart for the prices but Target for the quality and the fine ass MILFS and other assorted hotties walking around. For some reason my pants get a little bit tighter when I am at Target...weird; I don't know why. :p

12. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I've unconditionally preferred Target over the other two simply because only Targets are conveniently in my area. I don't have much experience with Wal-Mart and the local K-Mart closed down a couple years ago, but I didn't like what I could remember. I've always found Target to be the cleaner and more enjoyable of the two. Last time I was in Wal-Mart, I could not find a single employee checking things on the aisle that I could contact for help.

Now there's going to be a Wal-Mart opening up in Chinatown that I'm not looking forward to, but I'll probably shop at since it's closer than either of the other two Targets.

13. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    Our town's Kmart is very run down, so that store is automatically counted out for me. I love going in Target and just browsing, and probably 75 percent of our home furnishings and decor is from Target. I love their dollar section around the beginning of each school year. I am always able to find useful items for my young children. I also think their clothing is cute and reasonably priced. However, when I need to shop for groceries or everyday household items, Walmart is where I end up. Their prices are lower and I know I can get everything I need in one stop.

14. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I like shopping at Target, I go to Walmart now and then. K-mart is closer to our house, and it is in pretty good shape.It may not be open long, as some of the stores are closing, as I understand it.

15. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I'd probably have to say Target since I have no Walmart near me. I've been to K-marts before but a long time ago. Target's store design is really annoying but kind of reminds me a bit of K-mart. Just without the "K", and instead the target emblem. Plus, my Target has a pizza hut inside it and I love that Pizza!

16. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I prefer Walmart. There are more of them available in my city and they do have cheaper prices. I don't think I have any complaints about it.

17. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Of the ones on the list, I would say Walmart, too. Kmart doesn't usually have everything I want or is more expensive than what Walmart has. We don't have a Target, so I can't go there, but I've used it before. I like their clothes better than the other two stores.

18. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my household cleaning products from Walmart and I purchase most of my nephews and nieces clothing from target, I think they have a great selection at an equally affordable price. The only complaint besides business practice I have about Walmart is the long lines at my local Walmart store.

19. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart. You just simply cannot beat their prices on most items. We have three of them locally but only one is good to go to. I like to go early in the morning if possible and avoid the crowd.

20. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Lolz as of this posting no one has picked Kmart. I like Walmart, don't get me wrong. I just don't like the experience of actually going in the store or parking lot for that matter. Its always too crowded, people are constantly cutting my off or bumping into me. Thats just in the parking lot lol.