Target Mobile Coupons

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by clairebeautiful • Apr 14, 2014.

1. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I just started using Target mobile coupons on my smartphone. These are the ones they text to you and you have several "lists" of coupons that you then scan at the checkout to have them deducted from your total.

I like the idea of extra savings.

But I have a few problems.

First, I hate flipping through four different screens on my phone to make sure all my coupons get scanned. (Between mobile coupons and the cartwheel it gets a little insane.)

Then, I noticed yesterday, when I got home, that none of my produce mobile coupons even scanned, and one of my Coffee-Mate coupons didn't work. I definitely bought all the items needed for the coupon. I'm going back to Target today to show them my receipt and the coupon issue. Will see if they remedy the situation. It is seriously like $5 in coupons that didn't work yesterday. A little frustrating.

Share your experience with Target mobile and/or using coupons at Target.

2. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    I have used it a couple times but not for any large amounts. I will definitely be keeping an eye on it next time I use it!

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about the Cartwheel App? I use this pretty often. It is a pain because you have to go through and look for every item you are purchasing. I've heard that you can also scan the barcode to see if there is a coupon.
    I've found several items on their Cartwheel app and have saved a great deal over time. I tend to look through the savings before I go to the store to get an idea of what is one sale. It's great because you can use manufactures coupons and the coupons from the Cartwheel app to get double savings. I definitely suggest everyone download it!

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been using my phone more and more often lately with virtual coupons, but I'm also a little nervous about letting them scan my phone like that. I'm always worried that I might bump a button or something and automatically open something else on my phone that could potentially be embarrassing, such as some risque pictures perhaps someone emailed me. I definitely don't want store employees grabbing my phone and flipping around through it, seeing stuff they shouldn't. Currently I've been using my phone with the Steak N Shake app, since I was gifted some money on my account with them. It generally has worked well so far, but sometimes they do have trouble getting the bar code to scan properly.

5. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    You can also go to the target website and they have a list of coupons for certain products. Just type in Target coupons in google and it will bring you to the page. There are a lot of great deals but are mostly limited to cleaning products, beauty products and food items.
    The great thing about target is that they also accept manufacturing coupons, so you can get double the savings.