Target's Return Policy?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Farrah • Jul 10, 2012.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Anyone know the return policy at target? I bought a skirt there, wore it once and it ripped.( It wasn't tight at all) Not at the seem,but next the the split in the back. It really irks me that I put it on wore it a few hours and bam. I still have the receipt. I just don't want to go an embarrass myself.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never had a problem with returning something at Target. The only inconvenience was the long line!

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    You should be able to return it. I don't normally encourage lying, but....

With something like this, you might want to simply say when you got it home, you realized that it was torn. That'll save you any possible embarrassment or further questioning about if it was your fault and not the product's, etc.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think it should be a problem, but the store will be reluctant to take it back. The first thing they will say is was it ripped before or after you bought it? That's a difficult thing to prove, but you should try it and see if they take it back.

5. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I guess I won't know unless I try. So, today that will be part of my mission.... ( sad life I know) But hey, a penny saved is a penny earned. I am going to iron it up and make it look almost unused.... lets see what happens ladies...

6. AvalonX

AvalonXBanned

Threads:
    The only issue I ever had a target was returning an Xbox 360 that I bought on an impulse. It was never opened and they tore it apart when I tried to return it saying It was opened. Of course it was opened, you just tore it apart? A Manager eventually gave me the return.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Update, I returned it with no problem.... wow now thats service. The clerk really looked like she didn't give a care. I ironed it so it looked like new, and told her I just bought it yesterday, and washed it before I was going to wear it, and thats how it came out of the washer. Viola! Cash money back.... I am sure it depends on the clerk, as some do try to pull a power trip, but I was happy to go on my merry little way.

8. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Over here I am sure most stores have a no quibble money back guarantee, or at the very least they offer store credit. Of course, if the item looks used they may not be so happy to take it back but I have never had an issue. And, yes! it is VERY annoying when clothes rip so easily! I am glad you got your cash back! :)

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Congrats!

I usually don't have issues returning items anywhere. Unless it's obvious that you've done something wrong to it, they don't care. I mean, a clerk is going to have to take more time and energy to dispute your claims and argue with you than they would to just give you your money back....and its not like it effects -their- paycheck any to give you the money back, ya know?

10. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I heard that, but sometimes I have experienced the clerk on a power trip. They act as thought they are going to get a reward if they don't refund you. I am just happy that this one went smoothly. :)

11. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I purchased some sweatpants from Target about a year ago. I don't try clothes on in the store, because you never know who is not wearing underwear, etc. It just grosses me out. So, I took them home, washed them, tried them on. They were too big. Tried to take them back and she says, "They smell like they have been washed." And I said, "Yeah. I washed them before I tried them on."

She refused to take them back because they had been washed. They weren't damaged, weren't torn... they were just too big and didn't fit me. Too small? I could have worked with that and dropped a couple of pounds. But can't do too big. Ugh. So angry. Will NEVER buy clothes from Target again. Ever.