Tax benefits

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Peninha • May 31, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Portuguese government gives some tax incentives from time to time, just last year we were give a 15% tax discount on the VAT paid on all products, considering we ask the invoice with our tax number. Do you have these "opportunities" as well in your country? Do you take advantage of them?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Badly, no we don't have such thing in our country. But I wish that we have. It's really a great treat for the people. So people wouldn't keep on complaining paying for their taxes because they are given an incentive. If ever we would have this opportunity in our country, I would sure grab it. It's something that shouldn't be missed. It's something that I would really be grateful for.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that's the way I feel too. The government is doing this because a lot of business do not pay taxes, but they do charge the tax to us consumers, so in this way they get their tax money and they still reward us for asking for the invoice. One of the few things well done by our government.

4. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Of course! I mean, who doesn't use these when they're available? It's just common sense really. Every now and then we'll get a tax rebate because it's found that we paid too much money in the previous year.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's common sense when it refers to IRS, but this tax benefit is referring to VAT and it's a new thing, so many people didn't actually asked for invoices because they believed that the government just wanted to spy on us and not in fact give us a benefit for helping them as well.

6. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    It could have been both you know?

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do you mean it could have been both Livvy? I am clueless about what you are referring too lol... :D

It's a bother of course, you need to ask for an invoice every single time you buy something, you need to keep the invoices and you need to check on their site if they are being registered, but at the end of the year it was worth over 100€ and this year I am expecting to double that value.