Tax Free Weekend 2015 Usa

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Diane Lane • Aug 7, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many think of 'tax free weekend' as a weekend that parents can use to buy school supplies tax free, but tax free weekends vary from state to state, and not all of the included items are specifically for back to school. It's worth checking this site if you're in the market to purchase school and/or office supplies, appliances, clothing, and much more.

I'm interested to see that hurricane supplies are also included in some states, so I'll be saving this link for the future.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought my laptop during a tax free weekend and quite a few other bits. I had saved up all my purchases for then and it was worth it. I was living in Massachusetts and they really push it there as it stimulates the trade and helps get rid of of old stock. The great thing is that you can still use coupons and order online and get the tax free discount.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I embarrassed to say that I have never heard of tax free weekend before. I will absolutely be checking this out and seeing when it is offered in my state. Thanks for sharing!

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We do have a tax free weekend, we use that time to purchase school supplies and clothes for the kids. Some times we do get better prices if we wait until after labor day to purchase the rest of the clothes the kids need for school. I think it does help both the budget and the local business get more business.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Oh how I wish we have this tax free weekend in our country. Tax is such a huge addition to our goods here. I imagine a lot of parents that would love it if this event will happen here. Happy shopping guys!

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Briannagodess@Briannagodess Maybe if you shared the site with your representatives, they would consider enacting something similar where you are.

@Theo@Theo I shared it with a friend in the Midwest for his kids and grandkids, and he'd never heard of it. I was shocked. I seem to recall it being popular when I was in Massachusetts, too, and it's huge down here in Texas. Many people aren't aware that it covers a wide variety of items, not just back to school supplies, which is how it's usually marketed. I've heard of people buying all sorts of items, including Victoria's Secret lingerie, so it definitely pays to check, if you're looking to buy something, especially if it's a costly item.

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the link! I do all my Christmas shopping over the summer and fall so school/office supplies are just the beginning of what I need. But I do have to confess, I love office supplies. The only thing my office is lacking is the work I should be doing at my desk with my office supplies.