Team Mac or Team PC?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Ruth • Mar 5, 2014.

1. Ruth

RuthMember

Threads:
    Do you prefer Apple's MacBooks and other products or a PC?

I myself prefer PCs. It's just what I'm used to. Besides, MacBooks are ridiculously expensive.

What do you prefer?

2. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJonesNew Member

Threads:
    I like PCs more, partly because the first computer I used was a PC and I've become quite knowledgeable of cool convenience tricks. You're right though, Macs are pretty expensive, and as a college student I don't have the money to afford one. Besides, I've never really seen a reason to get one. They look like over-hyped pieces of glass that break too easily. My mom has a Macbook pro and I can't stand it.

3. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer PCs. Games and programs I need require Windows. I've used Macs before a lot in school but PCs have always seemed more functional and easy to use. One thing I like about Macs is how they look. The desktop environment and wallpapers I think more artistic than Windows ones, especially Windows 8. But, you can obviously make your PC look like a Mac. I really like Mac wallpapers and always use them instead of the default Windows ones.

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I am team PC. I think that Apple products are terribly overpriced, and overrated. I think that Microsoft products are more affordable. PC's Are also ore user friendly, and supported by more platforms. I honestly do not know why people buy Macbooks. They are a waste of money.

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I am definitely a PC fan. The original Mac concept was brilliant - build a machine that everyone could easily learn to use. MACs are great for schools because they have a uniformity about them. I like to be able to select my hardware for my purposes. I need to be able to work at my computer, but I play some games hence being able to select from a multitude of video cards is something I want. MACs are not at all bad, but just less adaptable.

6. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    I have always been a PC guy but I am starting to think about changing over. When I bought my latest laptop I was forced to have Window 8. That is by far the worst thing in the world. I will be purchasing a Mac next time around.

7. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    There are advantages and disadvantages to both, but declaring teams is not something I can do---I have so many different computing needs that I lean Mac but have PC based hardware that I use just as well.

PCs are more cheaply made, and are cheaper---that's a fair value trade, and no one should contest that or be sad about it. However, it's foolish to think then that you spend less overall with PC than Mac, it's the same either way. Mac is more expensive, but lasts longer. No difference.

8. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Mac's have a reputation to provide good performance over time and this is not the same for PC's. I have used both for a while and would say that Mac is way better than PC. They are slim, powerful, large storage space and durable not like PC after a year you need to get another one.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always used PCs so that is my preference. I do think Macs are simple and reliable and almost all the Mac users I know are extremely happy with their Mac, and many of them were PC users. The thing is I don't want to go through the trouble of learning a new Operating System, not to mention that Mac are more expensive.

10. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    PC. First of all, looking at the hardware, you will pay at least double for a mac with the exact same specifications as a pc. Same performance, double the price... not my thing.
    The operating system itself is very different and I do like some of the features of macs. However if I wouldn't use Windows I'd much rather go with a Linux than a mac.. I used Kubuntu in the past and it was great. It's just that I enjoy playing games and that is a pain in the backside with Linux.

11. Guru

GuruMember

Threads:
    Team PC for me. Thats not to say I don't like Mac, I just prefer the functionality and "openess" of PC in comparison to Mac. Windows always seems to get software first too. Plus, they are a lot cheaper and can be upgraded a lot cheaper and easier from my experience.

12. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have never tried a MAC. I do currently have an Iphone which I just love but Mac's are just so much more expensive so I am going to have to go with PC. They are reasonably priced, easy to use and well, I love Windows.

13. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I disagree with this. There is no way for this information to be factual. It is simply your opinion. You can't say PC's are made cheaply because every major electronic company there is develops PC's. While Apple is the only company that manufacturers Mac's. When it comes to Apple you are paying those excessive prices for the name brand. Not quality. Not to say that Apple products are not good, but they are not better than PC's. So they should not cost twice as much.

14. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    I wholeheartedly disagree with this, do you have any evidence to support that Macs are more durable than a PC? Everyone I know that has a Mac has broken at least one in the past year or two over something silly, they are unnecessarily fragile. Apple's business model in whole angers me, they release a new phone every year that is nearly the exact same while making products fragile and locked to their true capabilities. I enjoy PC because you are able to build it how you need, you can make a $300 computer if you want, or a $2000 that will be a powerhouse for years to come. With Mac you are paying the $2000 without receiving any of the perks other than the brand name and design.

15. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    Basically, it's like this:

MACS
    - more expensive in scale to what is available because it looks prettier
    - it uses propriety software
    - its hardware is more in-tuned with certain applications such as design software
    - however, it uses the same hardware systems as the PC (many people don't know this)

PC
    - generally less expensive in scale to what is available because there are more choices
    - uses a broad range of commercial and open source software
    - since there are more choices, people can fine tune their hardware to optimally work with applications

If you prefer pretty computers that has a high price tag and like the idea of fitting in with the rest of the hipsters, buy Mac. ;) If you know your stuff and don't care about fitting in, buy PC.

16. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:

You are spot on. People only buy Mac's because of the name brand. It is obvious that Microsoft creates better, and definitely more affordable computers, but i guess people know what they want.