Tearing Paper Towels

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Zyni • Feb 25, 2015.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This reminds me of the toilet paper rolls that I bought on discount. It was a generic brand that is sold by bulk, a pack of 12 rolls in one bundle. And since we have a stock of toilet paper, it took more than a year before I was able to use. Lo and behold, the perforation was not functioning at all. Tearing in the perforated line would result in deformed tearing. It really annoyed my husband. What I did was to replace the roll and just gave that bundle to our laundrywoman. That's a neat lesson for me not to buy generic brand of toilet paper.

2. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't ever done something like that as I used to consider it would save me too less money, maybe somewhere around 10-15$ a year, which isn't really an economy for me. However I also like when they came with those "select a size" towels, but only because there were several things that required a smaller towel, and I wasn't great at tearing it so I would've simply bend it in half.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, when we're on the lookout for savings, it can take a lot of trial and error sometimes. Not every less expensive brand will be good, but some of them are. I just try to remember which items I didn't like, and I avoid buying those again in the future. It doesn't keep me from trying other store brands, generics, or discounted items though. It's hit or miss which ones will be good, but when I find a good one (whether it's toilet paper, paper towels, or something I else) then I keep buying it.

You never know when you will find a really good product that costs less.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really, I don't tear them in half, but I will sometimes use a paper towel, on more than one job if part of it is still good. Like I might be using them for one job, and use them on another just so I can make complete and total use of the towel. I have a ton of paper towels now. I got them on sale, so I am not feeling the need to skimp at the moment.