Tech Regret

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by steph84 • May 16, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Are there any gadgets that you regret purchasing? I bought a Kindle and I regret it. I discovered the Kindle app and actually prefer reading e-books on my laptop instead of the Kindle. The app was free and now I have this Kindle just sitting in my room. The same happened to my PSP. My sister and I were just talking about this today and she said she regrets buying her Zune lol.

2. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a clear green speck hard shell cover for my mac. I ended up not liking it and preferring the bare look. I ended up giving it to my friend to use on her MacBook when she got hers. I also gave her the free silicon keyboard cover that I got when I got my MB at Digital Hub, since I ended up making way more typing errors that I do without it.

3. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    But the Kindle is great! I personally find it painful on the eyes to read ebooks on a PC/Laptop. To each his own, I guess. One thing I regret purchasing was this charger for my phone as I had lost mine. Turns out my dad had lots of spare for the charger and I regret not bringing it up with him in the first place. I kicked myself so hard that day I think my grandchildren will feel it. lol

4. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe you could sell your Kindle and recoup some of your expense. Or maybe you could give it to a family member or friend who you know would enjoy it. It is frustrating when you spend money on something and it turns out not to be what you wanted, though, isn't it?

5. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    You regret buying your Kindle? Buying my Kindle was probably the biggest Tech-Win I have ever had! I can't stand reading ebooks on my laptop or anything else without e-ink because it hurts my eyes a lot. I don't think I have had any tech regrets really since I always heavily research things before buying them. I was close to making a tech regret when thinking about buying a Nike FuelBand but at the last moment before purchasing I decided not to. I am glad I avoided spending $150 on the FuelBand since I really didn't need it.

6. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    I regret purchasing a cheap MP3 player. It was horrible because it ran on batteries and they would run out quickly. At that time, the iPod was a new commodity and was just starting to get popular.

It was a horrible experience.

7. Shaggz235

Shaggz235Member

Threads:
    I would say my tablet. Waste of money, my laptop or desktop has more computing power and functionality. It is almost as if I bought a 400 dollar machine to browse the internet and play crappy games on...cool.