Teeth Whitening

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maddie • Oct 9, 2012.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You should try baking soda. Baking soda is often added to teeth whitening toothpaste so why not use the soda on its own? It will save you money on expensive toothpaste and you will not be exposed to all the harmful chemicals found in toothpaste.

2. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    bicarbonate of soda is found in toothpaste anyway and really shouldn't be used on its own as it's quite coarse and will strip the enamel from your teeth in the long run, then you'll be sorry. The lemon juice is a type of acid that does damage to teeth as well.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's the hydrogen peroxide that works in the products, so why not take the additives out and just use that? It's what I use (only occasionally) and it's all I've needed. Awesome stuff! I use it on a qtip and basically brush my teeth with it. Rinse and done.

4. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    I've used lemon juice, my teeth aren't whiten .The effect is not visible.

5. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen many promotions about whitening teeth, but I really wanna know they really work?

6. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Lately, I have been into taking better care of my teeth. I now see that one should be willing to take extra care of their teeth because that is the first thing people see when they see you. I haven't done anything as of yet to take better care of my teeth; i am only researching ways to have healthy and white teeth. Upon reading this forum, it helped a great deal, and it seems as though the thing that is used are affordable which is always a plus for me.

7. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I also use homemade products to whiten my teeth.
    I like using baking soda with hydrogen peroxide and I mix these two and I apply on my teeth.
    I then rinse this off with cold water and if you do this a few times a week for a few weeks then you can get the same results as a professional dentist would whiten.
    Good luck!

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using hydrogen peroxide for sometime. It hasn't really helped. Soda bicarb seem to be better for me.. I would really love to have whiter teeth and any suggestions or tip are welcome. I the mean while I will keep using both hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.

9. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I use crest white strips and I find them effective for my teeth. I love the taste too. And their not expensive and I can easily get them from the nearest convenience store as well.

10. notafish

notafishNew Member

Threads:
    I hear the only way to do that well is through a dentist. If you want to take out the plaque and stains from your teeth then visit a dentist because with other toothpaste products that promise to whiten your teeth, they have things like baking soda and other things that eat your teeth eventually. Unless you use them in moderation. Just save up some money, visit a dentist for plaque and teeth whitening, and maintain it by brushing morning and night.

Or use baking soda and strawberry mix to slowly whiten your teeth by using them once a week.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would also agree that too much acid can weaken your enamel, so among all the suggestions in here, I would only try those whitening toothpastes and the whitening pen, since it's more convenient.

12. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    i did not hear about this tip of soda bicarb and lemon juice to whiten the teeth,i will apply it because i love whitness of teeth

13. Been Klivage

Been KlivageNew Member

Threads:
    Well this is really amazing information that you shared here and I think that it would be must help us to find help for me to make my teeth white and shiny. So, I will must make you the details after the make experiment.

14. CyrusTantor

CyrusTantorBanned

Threads:
    I used the Crest whitening strips and also their toothpaste. I got pretty good results. :)

15. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    That's what I would be thinking... that the acid in the lemon would wear down the teeth. For some reason traditional toothpastes aggravate my stomach whatever they put into them. I just use baking soda and that seems to help keep my teeth clean.

16. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I am using Colgate optic white everyday. Twice a month I also using baking soda that I mix with mashed strawberry. I use the mixture in brushing my teeth. The baking soda have a content that helps to whiten the teeth. The strawberry is just used to sugarcoat the taste of the baking soda.

17. Joepal

JoepalNew Member

Threads:
    Yes lemon is good for teeth whitening, salt is also a better product when applying on teeth with warming water take some salt in warming water and then take that water in your mouth for 1 minute it reduce cavity, and make shine on your teeth.

18. steisehodgson

steisehodgsonMember

Threads:
    I used the Crest 3D white strips on my teeth for twenty days, and was so impressed with the results! My teeth were so white after using them. They cost around £35 but they were definitely worth the money. I also use whitening toothpaste and mouth wash, which has kept them white since using the strips a few months ago. I've heard that lemon juice is bad for your teeth?

19. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    My sister bought me the Crest White Strips and I was also very satisfied with the results. I use a whitening toothpaste and a peroxide rinse (Peroxyl or the store generic) and it does well for maintenance.

20. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I really would like to try Glo Science products! I've heard and read great reviews about this company and would like to see what all the hype is about. They have a bunch of different kits and products that help whiten teeth. Has anyone else tried Glo Science?