Teeth Whitening

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maddie • Oct 9, 2012.

1. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    Great suggestions so far! I feel like mentioning mine too. Using of just the common salt i.e., sodium chloride after your brush once daily serves the purpose of maintaining whiter teeth well. After you brush your teeth in the morning or in the night you just rub your teeth with a pinch of common salt and then wash your mouth with plenty of water. It remarkably works out well not only with my case but also my circle's. Just give a try.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never had my teeth professionally whitened, even though I would love to. I also never tried whitening strips, which is absurd because I always want to buy them but for some reason they are never in my shopping cart when I go to the cashier. I do use the Colgate Luminous White toothpaste, but I honestly only saw a very modest improvement after using continuously for a few months.

3. Jennyflower81

Jennyflower81New Member

Threads:
    I agree with your method of using home made products to whiten your teeth. I discovered my method a few years ago, and ever since, I don't buy toothpaste from the store at all. First of all, I do oil pulling with coconut oil. There are many heath/wellness websites that describe how to oil pull and the benefits of doing this. I use a tablespoon and swish it around my mouth for about 15 minutes, then spit it all out and rinse my mouth. The other thing I do is make my own toothpaste. Here is my recipe. Combine 10 tablespoons of coconut oil and 10 tablespoons of baking soda (I use a little bowl and masher that was originally a tool for making baby food). You could also do this with a mortar and pestle. Then, I add about 15-20 drops of pure peppermint oil (I like "NOW" foods brand) and a couple of drops of vanilla extract. Mix it all up, and put it in a small jar. It will be stable on the counter unless it is very hot, I believe coconut oil melts at about 75 degrees. Using these methods has kept my teeth fairly white, considering that I drink a lot of coffee. I hope my suggestion is helpful.

4. hollywoodwhitening

hollywoodwhiteningNew Member

Threads:
    This is one of the best Natural teeth whitening remedy. "Baking Soda and Peroxide: A combination of the previous treatments makes for an excellent natural teeth whitening solution. This involves combining a couple teaspoons of backing soda with an equal amount of peroxide into a cup or bowl. Mix until it achieves a paste-like consistency and then brush your teeth with the paste, leaving it on your teeth for several minutes. After that, spit it out, rinse and if you wish, brush with normal toothpaste".

Thanks for sharing...

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Baking soda is a great way to whiten your teeth up. Yes, it tastes awful but it really does work and at a fraction of the cost of these expensive whitening toothpastes. It acts as a really mild abrasive and gently scrubs away stains. Just be careful not to use it too frequently though.

6. CleyoPatra

CleyoPatraNew Member

Threads:
    Try oil pulling. It is an ancient Ayurvedic dental technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth on an empty stomach for around 20 minutes. This action supposedly draws out toxins in your body, primarily to improve oral health but also to improve your overall health. You could use organic coconut oil as your oil.

7. paultrump1

paultrump1Member

Threads:
    I'm tired of teeth whitening advertising. They almost have the same chemical materials..
    Just keep brushing your teeth after meal.

8. Lorein

LoreinNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Meddie,

Having white shinny teeth is something that is desired by everyone, after lots of tries you fails to get. As it totally depends upon the various reasons such as how many dental restoration or crowns you have, how yellow your teeth are, whether you are capable in tolerating strips or tray in your mouth And also you need to follow some tips like avoid drinking coffee or black tea, avoid smoking or drinking alcohol. This directly affects your teeth and makes your teeth yellowish.

You can try out some natural things like brush with baking soda and also make use of Hydrogen Peroxide, you can also make use of Apple Cider Vinegar it is very effective and work well as mouth cleaner. You can also eat apple after drinking tea or coffee, this help you to get rid of willful tarnish stains.

9. nutty5

nutty5New Member

Threads:

I've actually been using charcoal powder for a couple of months now and noticed a HUGE improvement with the whitening and general hygiene of my teeth. Here's a post from Facebook from the company that I buy from....

***Do you want beautiful sparkling teeth naturally?!***

Limited time only offer ♡

We sell individually or we can organise discounts for buying multiple and in bulk for stores.

We have a limited time only offer on 100% Natural Organic Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder.

Have you always wanted to have beautiful sparkling teeth but don’t want to fork out your life savings for it? Worry about the long term effects on the health of your teeth?

Organic Cosmetic Benefit’s Powder solves all your problems, we provide an affordable product that does wonders for the health of your gums and teeth. With its activation properties it also helps remove smoking, coffee, wine and other stains.

Currently selling for $21.99 AUD with FREE SHIPPING online at

or you can find us at Urbanac, Brick Lane in London for 13 pounds.

Any questions? Send us an email at [email protected]

Free shipping ends soon!

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I also use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to clean my teeth. I was also noticing plaque accumulating in my teeth and the peroxide actually helped it get removed in a week. I haven't tried lemon juice as I have read that it may damage the enamel but I guess that was just a suggestion and may not even damage it. I never believed that toothpaste would actually whiten teeth so I guess now I will give it a try.

11. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I use soda bicarb and lemon too, for white my teeth as well as you. And is working just fine for me. I know people that use salt to wash and white their teeths, and the salt is whitening teeth too.

12. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I like the banana peel remedy. Do we use the raw banana or the ripe one. We have banana everyday in our home, and it will be the easiest way for me. I have heard of one remedy but have not done it - use of Sesame oil. Just gargle with it and you will get white teeth and also remove the tartars.

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    One thing I have find out its like toothbrush with hard brittle does a far better work in teeth whitening. This has been my experience ever since I started using one. In my view they wash the teeth, tongue and mouth better with the added advantage of leaving you with a whiter shining teeth. It's possible the kind of paste applied also play a role,

14. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I can see how the the lemon juice along with the bicarbonate of soda would be effective in whitening someone's teeth but I am wondering if these substance mixed together might not be too abrasive and might eventually damage the enamel. I have heard that using the peel of the ripe banana to rub one's teeth may be an effective method for whitening it. I think I may try the banana method to see how effective it might be.