Tell me what haven't you ever seen on sale?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by MrsJones • Jan 16, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I once heard that 'there are some things that never go on sale.' How can that be? Are companies just going to hold on to merchandise under it falls apart from deterioration? Does a discount or reduced sign mean that it is not on sale? What about haggling the price down? Hey, when gas prices go down I call that a sale!!! Can you think of items that never go on sale?

2. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I remember telling my husband to just go ahead and buy something because it would never go on sale... but I can't remember what it was.

One thing I know never goes on sale is Louis Vuitton. The prices actually go up! I've had my eye on a couple of pieces over the years, the bags will either be discontinued and disappear, or start to slowly go up in price.

I guess some companies that want to maintain the exclusivity of an item might be better off not allowing people to obtain it at a discounted price.

3. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    Man, I can believe I have never thought of this question before. I'm trying really hard to think of something but it's really difficult. I guess something that I have never seen for sale is a Bentley. I don't think luxury cars of that quality go on sale. Of course, I could be totally wrong.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The first thing that came to mind was pets. It's not an item, but it is a commodity that breathes, isn't it? I have been wanting to own a Persian or Siamese cat for the longest time, but their prices are still in the same range, which at present I can't afford since that would mean I have to have a food budget for it too. I already have 1 cat, and owning another one might be a burden.

5. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    YEAH! I wish to see GOLD to go on SALE!! this is a good way to invest and save. Its value increases (or decrease) at some point in time, but it is a good investment. I always monitor the price of Gold in the Market.. but I wish it goes on SALEEEE too!

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about real estate going on sale? I rarely see houses with discounted prices. They almost always reach the million mark. It would be great to see a house that doesn't. I wonder if you can get a discount for your mortgage.