Temporary tattoos

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Gelsemium • Nov 12, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My kids love temporary tattoos and they are always asking me to put them. I think that sweets manufacturers are pretty smart in putting them inside their products because that makes kids wanting to buy them. From the health side, those tattoos are not that bad right?

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I did read that the ink in some tattoos can cause a rash. I started washing them off after a couple of days. Most of the time the initial effect of having a tattoo wears off before that with my grandson before the second day:rolleyes: Just keep a close watch on them.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I used to love these when I was a kid. I don't think there is much harm in them if any. I personally never experienced any rashes or discomfort whenever I put some on. I think it should be safe since they are approved by the officials to be allowed being paired up with sweets.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    My son loves these as well, and I agree it's a smart move on their part including them with little treats or toys...I don't think there's much of a health risk really, unless your child has particularly sensitive skin.

5. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    There is nothing wrong with temporary tattoos. They pose no health threats. I mean we all wore them as kids too. Does any one remember the lickable tattoos that came inside the fruit stripe gum wrappers? Back in the day those were supercool. It is amazing how times and trends have changed.

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    They are pretty harmless, just make sure that your kids still shower and wash their hands. If they don't do so, hoping to keep the tattoo on for longer, it would pose hygiene problems.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think temporary tattoos are a lot of fun. My nephew is crazy about them and likes me to put them on him as often as possible, so that he can look like his dad. His dad has got quite a few of them, but they are real ones. :)
    So far, we haven't experienced any adverse reactions to the ink or problems with washing them off the skin.

8. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me neither, that's why I say that they can't be that bad. Either cases, sometimes my kids really puzzle me. They spot the tattoos around the house and ask me to put them in them, but sometimes after 30 minutes they ask me to remove them lol, crazy little devils.

9. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    Those tattoos are so much fun. I used to do them when I was a kid and my kids enjoy thema s well.
    I have never heard that they cause any harm. Of course, if one exaggerates and uses them every day that might not be a good idea.

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that I don't think that they can cause that much harm to kids, especially if they have been approved by the manufacturer and was given the go-signal to be released commercially. Although if the product was made in China then I would be wary, since we all know about the substandard quality of Chinese products, even if they initially passed quality control.