Terrible Cashier at Walmart!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by writer811 • Aug 25, 2012.

1. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I went to Walmart the other day to get some groceries. After waiting in line for awhile, I notice that the cashier keeps using his cellphone to text. It's a little unprofessional but ok, to each their own. He's distracted while scanning my items and accidentally scans me twice on an item. When I pointed it out he insisted that he made no mistake. We had to get the manager involved and she sided with me (Since I clearly only had one of the items I was scanned twice for). Ugh! Sometimes walmart can be rough, huh?

2. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    Wow,using the cell while scanning your items,that's pretty rude. I've had numerous problems at Walmart myself. I've worked at three different Walmart stores,and let me tell you,they're all a joke. Some Managers are just plain rude to employees and they take advantage of you as well. The employees are what makes a business. If your employees aren't happy,then your customer service will reflect that and that's likely what you seen. I often times have no choice but to shop there,so what are you gonna do you know? :D

3. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    Walmart is always hit and miss. Its either really bad or tolerable, never a great experience. That is one downfall of bog business, one small customer will not make or break them.

4. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's really unprofessional. You should have complained to the manager about his texting as well. Some people simply don't understand the value of time and how their behavior is causing problems to others. If I had been in your place, I would have definitely put a formal complain for his unprofessional behavior.

5. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Yes! I have seen it for myself in Walmart. They really need to do a better job at enforcing the rules to their employers. They are very rude people and they act like they don't want to be there. Why apply to a job dealing with the public. And they don't even acknowledge the customer, just grab items and start scanning without even saying "hello, how are you". And Walmart managers don't care because they are just as rude, I see where they get it from. But I sure do put them in their place if they are rude to me.

6. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    You know what you should have done? Leave all the items there and go at another store. I bet the cashier wouldn't be texting while having to put all that stuff away :) It happened to me once, and when I saw the cashier insisted (he even started yelling), I did just that. Bonus: it was a pretty small shop with few employees, so the cashier had to put it all back on shelf after finishing his working hours.

7. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Did you bring it to the managers attention that the cashier was texting while scanning your groceries? He should have been in big trouble for that. Do that on your break time, buddy. Also, he could have just checked the bag himself to realize there weren't two of the item you purchased.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like all chains ,it really depends on the store. At my local Walmart, my daughter and I go there regularly so we are recognized and treated in a friendly way. We know the greeters by name and my daughter's teacher works there too, because you know how badly teachers get paid.

All my bad experiences have been from male customers in the store being creepy and harassing me, not from cashiers. Security is always around on slow days, never on days when some creep tells you "nice ass".

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    In Spain, cashiers in the supermarkets, stores and bars actually talk on their phones while they're attending to you, and it's obvious from their half of the conversation that it's a personal call. I found it difficult to deal with at first, but I've got used to it now. As they're so used to talking while they work, they don't make mistakes, so we just accept it as a Spanish quirk. The store managers and owners allow it, so there's no point in complaining. Texting is different, though - it takes more concentration, and it's bound to detract from the task in hand.

10. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    One of the biggest problems with Walmart is that many of the managers are no better than the other employees as far as how they treat their customers and their coworkers. I used to work at a bank. One of my supervisors was previously a Walmart manager, and she was one of the two worst human beings I ever dealt with in the workplace. We put up with Walmart because of their prices.

11. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    That is why I hate going to Walmart. I once saw a cashier that was literally talking on the phone while scanning.
    I don't know how the managers didn't saw that, she was actually talking for a couple of minutes and no one said a thing..

12. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Some cashiers are just like that. That is the way it is. They all seems to talk in riddles. So, I just ignore it and see to it that I get what I asked for.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    What an absolute d***bag. Can't believe they're even allowed to text while they're working; yes, people, that's work!

At least the manager sorted things out. But that was definitely a reason to fire that idiot.

14. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    Very rude and unprofessional.

I wonder if he got any warnings or a good lesson taught by his manager...

15. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Technology is distracting us all, and it's mistakes like this one that really opens our eyes to what's going on. I'm not a fan of Walmart either, but I still shop there if I absolutely have to do so. The people they hire at the store are not right for the job, but that's just my opinion. They should have a rule that there shouldn't be any cell phones while you're working. I'm sure that cashier made other mistakes that the manager didn't catch. It's good you brought it to the managers attention, so something like this doesn't happen again.

16. gucci

gucciNew Member

Threads:
    Very unprofessional.
    Good thing the manager was on your side. I have a similar story with them texting while on the job and it was terrible.

17. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I hope that at least he received a repremand. If other shoppers don't pay attention, they are bing overcharged by his inattentiveness. What a dolt.

18. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid Walmart at all costs now. The lines take forever to get through. I live in the Tampa Bay area though, and customer service is horrible in many places that employees don't work for tips. Many times I would go through the checkout without them saying one word, not the total, not anything at all. It's like you don't exist. Although sometimes I prefer that over bad customer service.

19. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    That is so rude and unprofessional, as everyone else has said. You really never know what you're going to get when you go to Walmart. Some of the cashiers and managers are great and others are totally rude.

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Around here, cashiers would be fired on the spot for that. While I've seen them slide in texts in between customers, they'd get into major trouble for holding up a line for it. And to argue that he didn't make a mistake? Sounds like a young worker who needs to be taught a lesson anyway.