Thanksgiving grocery specials

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by jleadbet • Oct 11, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking forward to the sales the grocery usually has around Thanksgiving. It's a good time to stock up on canned goods and some other Staples. My mom always bought two turkeys and kept one in the freezer for later. I don't have the freezer room for that.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I know a lot of people that buy two turkeys before Thanksgiving and freeze one for later but not me. I am not a big turkey fan and once a year is enough turkey for me! I do like stocking up on some of the other goods though like olives, cranberries and stuffing. We have one local grocery store that will give some canned goods away for free and other items for 10 cents or 25 cents. You have to have their coupons so I try to get as many coupons as I can and go there several times the week before Thanksgiving to stock up.

3. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree. I also love the special items that come out around Thanksgiving time that you wouldn't see on sale offered any other time of year.

4. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Seems like everything is "pumpkin spice" flavored up through Thanksgiving.

5. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    ilike all the deals provided during holiday time too. Most supermarkets give out free Turkeys if you purchase over a certain amount of food. I look forward to it.