The Beatles vs The Rolling Stones

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lindbergh • Oct 25, 2013.

?

Who is the better Rock Band?

1. The Beatles

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. The Rolling Stones

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Beatles and the Rolling Stones are two of the best rock bands of all time. They have released countless hits in the past and has sold a lot of albums. The Beatles released hit songs like Ticket to Ride, Help!, Yesterday and Let It Be, while The Rolling Stones had songs like Get Off Of My Cloud, Ruby Tuesday, and Satisfaction. Who do you think is better?

The Beatles:
    [video=youtube;ZNahS3OHPwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNahS3OHPwA[/video]

#1Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I couldn't possibly choose, they both have great and very different vibes. They are, whether we like it or not, woven into our histories and part of the soundtrack to our lives! i guess less so for the younger generations, but I guarantee they're in there somewhere ;)

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a Stones guy, myself. I'm not TOO big on The Beatles either, but I definitely like some of their songs - or, rather, I like all of their songs to some extent, but only few that I know of that I would repeatedly play. Guess I have to be in the mood. :)

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sooo... You're leaning more towards The Beatles then? I do believe that their songs are more mainstream as compared to that of the Rolling Stones songs. The Beatles guys look more handsome as well. :D

5. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I think both are overrated, but if i had to choose, its the stones.

Beatles music is BORING. Sure theyre popular, but i think theyre popular because theyre popular. Everyone is expected to love the beatles. I just dont see that much good about them.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd pick the Beatles just because I don't really know that much music from Rolling Stones, or at least, I may know more of their songs but just don't know that it is them. :D Still, the songs I do know are very well written and made, so I'd say I like them too.

7. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    That is because you have no taste. :D

Beatles are popular because no other single artist in the last 50 years has influenced music as much as they did, for good or bad. People don't like things because they are expected to like them. They like them because they find something there which appeals to them. If you don't like the Beatles then it's your choice but making sweeping statements about why others like them is just being presumptuous.

8. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    I grew up in Liverpool, home of the Beatles where hey are used as a tourist attraction and their posters are on every single street corner. And in the rest of the world I've noticed a tendency towards the Beatles over the Rolling Stones. Personally I like them both equally but the Rolling Stones do appear to be somewhat of a more niche band in comparison.

9. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    What a terrible decision to have to make!
    But since you said *best ROCK band* I voted for The Rolling Stones, since The Beatles jumped a bit from genre to genre, so I answered through this loophole.
    I'll also say the Rolling Stones are more consistent with their music quality, a lot of The Beatles is hit or miss, but when it hits... :D

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never liked any of those bands, and I have not listened to any Rolling Stones song, so I would pick neither, although as far as popularity and influence is concerned, The Beatles beats Rolling Stones over this one. I mean, The Beatles were "worshipped" and greatly adored by the females back then.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a big Stones fan. I do like the Beatles, so I place my vote for the Beatles.

12. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    Definitely The Rolling Stones. I like their songs a lot more, and I've never been a fan of The beatles.
    I also like their lyrics and rhythm.